Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wrong clothes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wrong clothes

An article in the paper today about a USA airline and it's policies.
    All to do with clothing requirements it would appear, and going just a bit too far.
    A representative was forced to make an online apology and a personal one to the lady concerned.

What did she do wrong?

She boarded the aircraft wearing jeans, shoes and a Tee shirt, but her offence, No Bra!!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wrong clothes

Perhaps she didn’t need one John , or maybe she wasn’t even a female. Who knows these days. ? JS
    Even what’s left in the way of social establishments they stipulate no thongs , back to feet again ? and no short shorts , and certainly no bare chests . Except maybe sometimes for the barmaids . JS….
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th March 2024 at 08:04 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I've usually been dressed exactly as described when flying, certainly never wore a bra.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

j. e. Hoover wore a bra

5. Likes Rodney Mills, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My first job in the USAI was at the former Ambassador Hotel, Home of the famous Coconut Grove, night club, they sponsored me into the States from Canada. Though only 24 I was a swing cook, which meant I would do all different cooking positions in the kitchen as needed. One night I was working as sauce cook and an order came in for Welsh Rarebit. The night Sous Chef shouted out "Does anyone know how to cook Welsh "Rabbit" I said I did, so I made a pot for two with toast points on the side and away it went, a room service order. The next night I was a grill cook. Suddenly there was in uproar in the kitchen and a Sous Chef yelling out "Who cooked the Welsh Rabbit last night?" Somebody had sent up an open face grilled cheese sandwich. I said I had, so he told me to make another order, Which I did and thirty minutes later I was told to get a new cook's jacket and apron and hat and go to suite number x, J. Edgar Hoover wants to see you. I damn near messed my pants, and I had only been in the county a month and the bloody head of the FBI wants me! I cleaned up and the room service captain took me up to the suite and we went in. J. Edgar Hoover and another man (I later found out it was his assistant and longtime "friend". Director Hoover said he hadn't had such lovely Welsh Rarebit since he was in England and gave me $25 dollars which would be over $100. today.

Thankfully that was my only brush with the F.B.I..

Cheers Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#5 was he wearing a bra Rodney , as Mo says it was supposedly well known he wore such. Maybe it was a man bra and he suffered some overweight in that direction. Was his companion wearing the matching panties ? That would have provoked evil thoughts in those days not so much today though. Shows he was a generous man when it came to tipping. Hope it was his own money and not the taxpayers and on the old expense account. Cheers JS
    Joke…What is the definition of a Welsh Rarebit… Answer A virgin in a Cardiff telephone kiosk. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 31st March 2024 at 12:24 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod
    When we went back to the UK for a trip around 1996 we drove down through Wales and called into Dolgelly the home of Welsh rabbit went into a restaurant and my wife ordered Welsh rabbit while I ordered Chicken and chips, she has always chided me since for not having Welsh rabbit, but I keep telling her we had it when I was a kid at least once a week. Now you will have to try cooking Welsh cakes lovely grub.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi Rod
    When we went back to the UK for a trip around 1996 we drove down through Wales and called into Dolgelly the home of Welsh rabbit went into a restaurant and my wife ordered Welsh rabbit while I ordered Chicken and chips, she has always chided me since for not having Welsh rabbit, but I keep telling her we had it when I was a kid at least once a week. Now you will have to try cooking Welsh cakes lovely grub.
    Cheers Des
    Des was that Welsh rarebit? or is that a Cardiff virgin?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good One

I liked this story

Geoff Bray

11. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tony.
    I've been living in Aus to long, forgotten my heritage, of course its Rarebit, I just had a look in my little Welsh cookery book, and got a bast from my wife when I told her what I was after.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast