Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: They walk amongst us at the highest level

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: They walk amongst us at the highest level ..... Wokes and Karens !

Whose the picture of ? Not Karen Caring a million to one guess. That would be a good advert for an enterprising and democratic soap maker. Karen Caring uses Nuff Soap. Her associate Isabel Nicholas also endorses this product and says it reaches other parts never reached by female or male to keep it politically correct.JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face Re: They walk amongst us at the highest level ..... Wokes and Karens !

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Whose the picture of ? Not Karen Caring a million to one guess. That would be a good advert for an enterprising and democratic soap maker. Karen Caring uses Nuff Soap. Her associate Isabel Nicholas also endorses this product and says it reaches other parts never reached by female or male to keep it politically correct.JS
    Grabbed her off t'internet,an American TV personality called Kate Gosselin.Apparently used by media to portray a 'Karen',so she probably revels in the publicity no doubt.
    Here's my Karen from an old familiar thread on this site.-the Virtual Ship-whatever happened to her-did she ever get past Gravesend-or was that being prophetic?
    You might know this 'beautiful' Virtual Crew member 'Karen' -aka Cadet Captain Les B.Ann ! and here's a rare archive photo of our Virtual Ship on an earlier voyage in the port of Monrovia,W.Africa when everyone went ashore to Mammy BigMelon's Authentic African Shanty Shack and Diner( black tie optional),leaving our vessel in capable hands-it was never ascertained exactly whose....Cadet Captain Les B Ann.gifm.v.TORM ALEXANDRA (2).jpg
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 22nd June 2021 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Someone didn’t bother to read their 7/6d Kemp and Hughes paperback on stability obviously. In 2008 couldn’t blame me had been retired 6 years and had white hair so would be considered passed it. Either that or the lodicator the fuse had blown and no electrician to fix it with all these crew cut backs. If me I would blame the office boy for not running the ship correctly from the London office. Hope they didn’t forget to pay you ? Especially if it was barratry . Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: They walk amongst us at the highest level

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    As a non specific person who came from a gestational parent and was chest fed I am not sure.

There is however a non gestational junior down the road who may have the answer to your question.

But as the question is related to non specific person that person of non specific gender may not be able to answer as questions of that nature come under the WOKE heading, so when you woke up to that then you will be able to ask the question/

Is that clear, no I thought not!!!!!
    John, have you ever considered becoming a politician, I think you'd very well , cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john gill View Post
    Just the job then.
    No way, it is a sexist statement, inferring that the dragon is male.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: They walk amongst us at the highest level ..... Wokes and Karens !

Someone didn’t bother to read their 7/6d Kemp and Hughes paperback on stability obviously. In 2008 couldn’t blame me had been retired 6 years and had white hair so would be considered passed it. Either that or the lodicator the fuse had blown and no electrician to fix it with all these crew cut backs. If me I would blame the office boy for not running the ship correctly from the London office. Hope they didn’t forget to pay you ? Especially if it was barratry . Cheers JS.
    JS You Masters are so clever sir bandying about your sea lawyers terminology. Like for example barratry,bigotry and buggery-well at least two of those are applicable to the MN I suppose,I'll leave you to decide which ones..
    Well,once again you astound me with your memory-why,not only do you remember the names of your textbooks,but the publishers names as well. You certainly deserved to pass your 'Tickets'. I mean-Kemp and Hughes !,The only publisher of nautical note I remember was the Scottish one called Brown,Son and Ferguson of Glasgow-don't you get the impression that Ferguson was definitely the outsider and only mentioned grudgingly,as in Brown,Son....and Ferguson.

Yes,the actual ship in the photo upon which I think we based, our Virtual Ship(although looking back there were others),was the
    [m.v.TORM ALEXANDRA,from 1992,a 4,000 tonne Turkish built,Maltese Flag container feeder vessel managed by Hansen & Lange Shipbrokers. She arrived in Monrovia port on 25th July 2001.
    With the local stevedore gangs driving the coupled two cranes she began discharging a 40 foot TEU from starbd to port to the quay.Due to unfamiliarity and lack of practice the crane drivers failed to run in parallel,the load swinging and the vessel rolling towards the quay.The already unlashed containers on that side slipped to port thus increasing the heel,upon which the panicked drivers and gangs jumped onto the quay.She sank in 30 ft.of water with a 60 degree list. A salvage contract was agreed with Smit T.Wijsmuller but was abandoned and given up due to the very unstable political situation in Liberia caused by the civil war.
    The next year she was looted and set afire.It wasn't until 7 years later in 2008 that the wreck was finally disposed of,being funded by the U.S. Government]

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#18.. Ah Graham once again I note your reference to seamanlike well known text books. The signs of a well read man.unfortuanetley I went through my whole seagoing career with only three of my own which were Nories Nautical Tables, Nichols Concise Guide volume 1 only, whicjh I loaned to a police officer about 20 years ago and he never returned he said he wanted to learn the basics of navigation, I always thought our incredible policemen were above reproach , but there you go one never knows , Nichols seamanship somehow put me off as was too near to Nicholas or betterknown as bare assed.So I had Reeds seamanship instead, which also has disappeared over the years , so as regards seamanship I had to rely on some hairy seaman to teach me the rudiments and they could be extremely rude at times.The only tome I have left is Nories Nautical Tables , so anyone wanting a conversion job of that ancient nautical measurement of a fathom to a metric equivalent just send me an email with a 5/- postal order attached. However I found Kemp and Hughes invaluable prior to going for an exam, as I have always said I didn’t want or have the time to be educated , just wanted the main formulaes and at 7/6 per subject was affordable and who knows meeting one of our brethren from the sub continent could maybe pass on for 8/-.Ivan if you read some of his posts was so hard up that his tailor was the ships rag bag. He doesn’t like discussing however as he got attached to some of it and still wears..As regards the 3 Bs I always thought they were Bed. Breakfast ,Bag off.
    And in UCL change the third B for Buggery. Thanks your post anyway , don’t forget the 5/- for any conversions. cheers JS.....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd June 2021 at 01:56 AM.
    R575129

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was announced today here in Melbourne that within the building industry there are many who want to come out,
    Reading further I realised not from the industry but want to come out of the closet.
    Thinking back to our times and the Queens of the day.
    They sure had no bloody trouble coming out, in their thousands I might add.
    It now appears coming out is not what it was, these guys some how just do not have the balls for it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Shaw liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#20 So thats why there are suddenly on the market silk mens under shorts , or underpants as better known I have two pairs someone bought me some time ago, and on breaking open the package see they have no fly in them. Probably made in China to boot. The wily oriental gentlemen must have seen the way the market is/was going. My problem is now finding out who bought them for me , so I can return the compliment in kind. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#20 So thats why there are suddenly on the market silk mens under shorts , or underpants as better known I have two pairs someone bought me some time ago, and on breaking open the package see they have no fly in them. Probably made in China to boot. The wily oriental gentlemen must have seen the way the market is/was going. My problem is now finding out who bought them for me , so I can return the compliment in kind. JS
    Probably those bamboo ones, they are waterproof

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast