Thread: Cereal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cereal

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    you should try starting it Lewis: p
    I never actually owned one but my father in law had one from new , could never understand why as he worked for Vauxhall. To be fair it ran well but certainly never will be a classic lol. Who remembers the term CKD's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tailgating here in Victoria is a crime according to the law.
    But it would appear many drivers are not aware of that.
    To make them pull up suddenly I do not hit the brakes just hit the lights for a second or two.
    Those idiots do not know the difference between stop lights and tail lights.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes vic mcclymont, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have driven cars and motorcycles all over Europe , the French are the masters of tailgating. They could even teach the Italians a thing or two. Only thing I will say about the French , if you are riding a motorcycle they will move over to let a biker get past, here in the UK car drivers view motorcyclists as a target

We have hard hitting road safety adverts here in Northern Ireland, people complain about them being to graphic!!! WHY? Accidents like this happen. If it makes one A Hole stop and think that the damage their actions can cause through careless and dangerous driving !!!!!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...advert-7323247
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 19th June 2021 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Only thing I will say about the French , if you are riding a motorcycle they will move over to let a biker get past, here in the UK car drivers view motorcyclists as a target
    Don't know what part of UK you've ridden it Lewis, but as a car driver I always move over for motorcyclists when in traffic jams in town or on the motorway, I like my wing mirrors intact!

I also follow the HGV unwritten code on single carriageways, if the way is clear ahead I flick on my left indicator, if the way is not safe to overtake I flick on my right indicator, most riders and motorists understand the system which is widely used throughout the UK and essential on our roads in Devon and Cornwall. Most riders appreciate it and give a raised hand as they pass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have over 50 years riding motorcycles all over the UK country & Europe. It is called speaking from experience. Well done Ivan if you do as you say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Don't know what part of UK you've ridden it Lewis, but as a car driver I always move over for motorcyclists when in traffic jams in town or on the motorway, I like my wing mirrors intact!

I also follow the HGV unwritten code on single carriageways, if the way is clear ahead I flick on my left indicator, if the way is not safe to overtake I flick on my right indicator, most riders and motorists understand the system which is widely used throughout the UK and essential on our roads in Devon and Cornwall. Most riders appreciate it and give a raised hand as they pass.
    As an ex motorcyclist I always do the same; One of my daughters is Blood bike volunteer rider and as such is an advanced driver and blue light trained by the police. She regularly complains about car drivers not only being inconsiderate but outright dangerous at times. She is reluctant to use her blue lights as she reckons so many motorists do not know how to react as they can cause unexpected reactions

8. Thanks Lewis McColl, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 John in Melbourne it has nothing to do with driving skills. It's a simple case as everyone wants to be in front irregardless of the consequences.
    When we drive over there I simply point at our Tassie plates and smile....they usually start to ease off.....mind you I can produce a manic type of smile barred teeth and crazy roll of eyes. Nothing like them thinking you're from the wilderness for them to back off!!! LOL
    Last edited by Victoria Moss; 20th June 2021 at 05:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My son has ridden motorcycles and push bikes all over the place. He gets appalled by the way some riders ignore basic safety gear when riding. Thongs and shorts are his pet dislike.... his term "squiddies" anyone heard of that term?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, I have seen bikers and who I think to myself are nothing more than organ donors on two wheels. When I lived in Spain and France often you would see bikers wearing shorts. Scooter riders are the well known for suffering from what I call Gravel Rash.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have wire barriers here which are fondly called "cheese graters" or " slice and dice". Mainly because once you come off and hit those that's what appears to happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast