Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Germs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Germs

Germs .i was having a meal the other day and a couple next to us requested a high chair for their child ,the waiter duly obliged,brought a chair and wiped it all down ,to my astonishment the mother pulled out some Dettol wipes and proceeded to wipe the chair again ,every inch including the bottom bars were wiped in my opinion bloody crazy.That child when it comes into contact in time will have no resistance to anything and will catch everything going,Taik about a Nanny State.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Germs

I respectfully disagree with both posts. Who can rightfully condemn any parent that takes every precaution to ensure their child’s safety against the vast array of infectious ailments, some of which can be deadly. I wish more parents were as thoughtful and protective of their children. And to simply say “It is well know that kids should go outside and play in the dirt to help build up their immune systems.“ is, at least to me, an unproven statement.
    Duke Drennan R809731

3. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Also, the detergent sanitiser we all see in the bottle, is usually used in a wrong way.

Cleaning is usually a token gesture and the guidelines not followed.

We see someone doing something, that is to appease us.

The instructions read pre- clean, which includes hot, clean soapy water
    and a clean cloth and remove of all debris.

The sanitiser is then applied to sanitise, it is not to clean.

It is meant as a chemical to be be again washed off before use.

The process is rarely followed.

K.

5. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To me one of the worst harbourers of germs are eating utensils in self service restaurants, cafes, bars etc. There they are sticking out of open topped containers with their working ends ( bits that go in your mouth or touch your food ) uppermost and often packed tight together so that as people grab at them, they are touching all the others with their dirty hands and leaving behind all kinds of muck and germs. People are so dirty nowadays, don't wash their hands after the toilet etc, they leave germs everywhere. So call me a ' nanny state person ' by all means but I always wipe my knives, forks etc before using them. I have often found as well, were the utensils are metal and non - disposable ones ( washed and reissued after use ) that the standard of cleaning them is awful, finding old food still stuck between the tines of the forks on more than a few occasions. To my mind you can never dismiss cleanliness these days, especially around food and utensils with the low standards of hygiene that the general public set themselves. As the faster and mass service of food unfolds these days so the cutting of corners will increase as these food service people are only interested in profit and turnover.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 22nd September 2019 at 03:23 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

7. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Again catering is a prime example, the procedure should begin with a pre wash or soak

Much is just put through the machine and until a water change becomes similar to washing
    up in the soup.

K.

9. Likes dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have said before, people using toilets and the hygiene of such is terrible. how many times gents do you stand at a urinal, doing the business, and the guy in the next urinal, gives a shake, puts it away, then walks out without washing his hands, now when you have finished , you get to the door, and the door opens toward s you, and you are left with the option of using the handle that the dirty fellow has just used ?. I always have a packet of tissues, and use one to use the handle, then you are left with looking for a waste bin. My wife informs me that it is no better in the ladies, no hand washing, kt
    R689823

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I watched something last night on TV, they inspected the loo at a food business with
    a detection lamp device and even the ceiling had human waste on it.

K.

12. Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A known germ carrier has for many years been paper bank notes, changing hands for years until they become unusable, maybe the
    new plastic notes will be better in that respect??, what really makes me angry is those filthy people who use the toilet in Hospital
    without washing their hands or using the supplied antibacterial gel, they go straight up to the wards and are in contact with their
    loved one and other surfaces of the ward, then they wonder why wards are closed through bugs such as Norovirus, I've seen it
    first hand on several occasions, sick patients having to be moved and put into already crowded wards, we have some very thoughtless
    people amongst us, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dad was born 1901 had six brothers and three sisters, with his mum and dad making it eleven in a three bed house, one brother died of
    pneumonia, so three girls in the box room and five boys in the middle bedroom, they slept on straw palliasse's as there was no room
    for the beds, dad told me many of his friends lived in the same circumstances, the mortality rate among children was not good in those
    days and one reason was overcrowded bedrooms as germs from illnesses spread rapidly and doctors had to be paid for in those days and
    to raise money for a doctors services furniture was soll. But when WW1 came look at what a hardy bunch of men we had to fight for us. cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the 1930s we kids had three to a bed with a WW1 Army overcoat on top in winter. no bathroom and an outside midden for a toilet
    It needed sanitising so Adolf got his Air Force to drop a bomb on it, good shot, no germs survived, and 4 years later after doubling up in several beds in various relatives homes we got a Council House, nice and german free.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast