Interesting Rodney.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Going back to coal without it we would of had know industrial revolution in Britain.

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, interesting bit about the Artic.

We were in Norway back in June up as far as the North Cape some 500 kilometers inside it.
    Speaking with locals they told me they see no difference in the weather, not climate different subject, than has been for many years.

Snow still on some of the ground at high level, 1500 meters, at about same as usual.

Will all be gone by mid August and will begin to snow again in October.
    Called into a fishing village on a tour and the fishermen there said no change.

Scientists may differ in their opinion, but the local people are at the coal face and see it first hand.

There is an ever increasing group of Scientists including a couple from Edinburgh who are now convinced that any change is more to do with weather patterns than climate.
    Also claiming that any interference by man is minimal.

But how much of this is political and more to do with the dollar.
    Example, all one way plastic bags now banned here in Oz, they would break down in about six months if left out in the open.,
    Now all the shops will sell you bags, heavy plastic ones that will last for 20 or 30 years if used carefully.
    But the savings per annum to all shops in Oz by taking this path is estimated to be in the order of $3 billion.

There is now concern that the Wind Turbines are emitting a gas more deadly than any Coi2, a gas we need for plants to turn to Oxygen.

The gas Sulphur Hexafloride is created in the insulators semi conductors inside the turbines, but the 'Greens' will not tell you that.
    This gas will last for millennium according to some scientists.

As to the state of the globe re hunger, water shortage, there is nothing new in any of that, it has been going on for centuries.

One other point Rodders, Norway wants all conventional vehicle off the rods by 2035 to be replaced with electric ones.
    They have an abundance of power mainly generated by hydro.
    But the biggest export, and the worlds 4th largest of it, Oil and gas.

Pure hypocrcy.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 19th September 2019 at 06:31 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Captain Kong, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the Antarctic two years ago at the end of the Summer, the BAS vessel, James Clark Ross, could not cross the Weddell Sea due to the Sea Ice being 15 feet thick.
    When I was in the Antarctic in 2009, I was talking to a member of the BAS, and he told me the temperatures had not altered much either way., at that time it was -70c. so rather cold.
    A lot of these people who have an " Ology" to their name have to justify their existence for the money they receive, so they make statements without experiencing what they report on.

I read a book written my a Sea Captain of a Cape Horn sailing ship in 1880,
    After rounding the Horn and off the west coast of South America, he saw the Pacific Ocean covered in dead sea birds, including Pelicans, and millions of dead fish. as far as the eye could see. The Sea Temperature was very high, It was EL NINO,
    a phenomenon that occurs there at 10 to 12 year intervals.
    In the 1880s off the coast of Chile and Peru, there were no Industries, No Cars or lorries, the atmosphere was Clean. But the Sea temperature was very high. El Nino current sweeps across the South Pacific all the way to Australia, and still does today.
    But the man with an Ology claims it is my little car that does it, so I have to Pay a load of Tax. to stop El Nino.
    Ships have collided with Icebergs hundreds of years ago, and some occasionally do today, indeed when I was on the Empress of France in 1956 we hit an Iceberg that ripped off our bilge keel, we were lucky that night.
    They were not caused by my little car or heavy Industry etc, it is a natural event.
    The Glaciers slowly slide down hill to the edge of the sea, there is no more land to support the weight so they break off, this has gone on ever since Glaciers were created. The Ice berg that sank Titanic also was part of a Glacier and broke off and floated down the current to meet the ship.
    In 2008 I was at a Service Over the site of the Titanic on the 96th anniversary of the sinking, there were ice bergs then within 25 miles of us, so nothing changed there.

I do go round the world every year and experience and see for myself rather than listen to an "Ology". I then know what I have seen and experience and spoken to people who are there. I find that one should never listen to "Ologies".
    I have seen the sea BOILING and I have seen the seas Frozen. and in-between.

The Island of Hawai'i is composed of five volcanoes, two of which–Mauna Loa and Kilauea–have erupted repeatedly in this century, according to the USGS.
    Most of Kilauea's lava flows erupted since 1992 have remained within the National Park, but Kilauea's geologic history indicates that future activity will again threaten residential areas on the volcano's south flank, says the agency.

The chance to see a dramatic interaction between water and lava draws many visitors to the area surrounding Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano. Those planning to visit should keep in mind that interaction of lava with the ocean creates a corrosive seawater plume laden with hydrochloric acid and fine volcanic particles that can irritate the skin, eyes, and lungs. For hiking tips, visit the park website, here.
    Using a thermal image of the crack above Kīlauea volcano's ocean entry (steam from lava flowing into the sea is visible at the top of the left photo), HVO geologists determined that the temperature within the eastern end of the crack is up to about 220 degrees Celsius (428 degrees Fahrenheit) - Courtesy: USGS.

These extreme Temperatures affect the sea and air temperatures, and ultimately the climate.
    I have been to Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano and Mauna Loa Volcano, several times and am going again in March. it is an unforgettable experience. So what I see and hear there is far better than reading what an "Ology" says.

Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 19th September 2019 at 03:09 PM.

7. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Guess a few will not be joining in with the
    the global climate strike this Friday !

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ke-this-friday

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith, typical Guardian garbage.
    The article ignores the environmental damage that is caused by the flushing of the rare metals from the earth.
    Ii also ignores the emissions of the greenhouse gas Super HEXAflouride, which is many more times potent as a greenhouse gas than Co2 and lasts a hellava lot longer in the atmosphere than Co2.
    Vic

10. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Just one example, at least you are more aware than some.

Possibly, though rare some adults need to listen our children.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are plenty of large companies making millions out of so called climate change in the UK ,naturally they are going to inform the general public about the gloom and doom ,wouldn't we if we were getting rich through it ?i myself do not go along with it weather patterns have change throughout millenniums and l believe this just another one ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith,
    wiil all the people on the global climate strike this Friday
    be in Brazil or Indonesia or in the Saudi Arabia,
    if not why not.

and Keith I suggest you travel a little nand observe yourself all the various conditions on the planet then you would be a little more informed instead of reading about it in the Guardian
    That Thunberg girl is a hypocrite.
    She sails across the Atlantic to show it is not carbon But her and her ten crewmen are flying back by Jumbo Jet and another ten men are flying to the US by Jumbo JET to bring the boat back,
    How Daft is that,
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 19th September 2019 at 09:47 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I am well travelled, thanks.

K.

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast