Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Identifying numbers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Identifying numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

I know that Hazel is a very nice lady and has been searching for a long time on much, I as said
    just try to assist all that inquire. Most often we seek the smallest clue and someone may see more
    from all posted. There are few left on site that actually research now, we need all that can help to do so in anyway.

k.

I always appreciate any and all the help I get!! When you think I started with a number of half remembered tales from my husband, a couple of keywords and a Glaswegian accent - I have come a very long way! Much of my progress has only been possible with help from sites like this!

the Casey family tree now amounts to more than 100+ people - it would appear that Dominic Cunningham Casey (probably Dominic Michael Stringer's birth name) had FOURTEEN brothers and sisters! Only five survived to adulthood.

Marian Grey: [FONT="]John P Casey YSEA/10043[/FONT]
    [FONT="]John P Casey YSEA/62958[/FONT] I am assuming they are John Patrick Casey. The address matches where JP senior was living when JP junior was born. As this record is from an electoral roll dated 1947 it would make JP Senior 59 and JP junior 33/34. Would JP senior still have been a reservist at that age?

Christmas brought me an Ancestry subscription and money for Scotlands People. I am slowly but steadily accruing an accurate list of relevant records for the family. However, I cannot fathom why or where the name STRINGER came from nor exactly what he got up t between February 1942 and December1942
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 11th January 2021 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel Stringer View Post
    [FONT="]Can anyone identify what these letters/numbers mean? It is taken from a just post war electoral roll:[/FONT]
    [FONT="]John P Casey YSEA/10043[/FONT]
    [FONT="]John P Casey YSEA/62958[/FONT]
    Hi Hazel, Try this website below:

Think the numbers refer to the Former N.R. [National Registration ] ID Card No. from N.R.110 or Civilian Identity Card. As I'm out of my comfort zone here don't wish to steer you in the wrong direction.

The National Records of Scotland https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statis...ficial-extract.

Keep us posted, you have achieved so much these past few years with so little to go on.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 12th January 2021 at 02:41 PM.

3. Thanks Hazel Stringer, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Hi Hazel,

Keep us posted, you have achieved so much these past few years with so little to go on.
    Somewhat hindered by at least two computers crashing on me and losing data, bringing up 2 children, a serious eye condition (which explains the occasional weird spellings) and life in general! Weirdly Covid-19 is giving me the leisure to asses and organise my information.

Also, it is possible that the John Patrick you found in Nottingham may well be mine! There is something itching my brain about that. JP did desert his family on at least two occasions and from memory on one of these occasions he and his brother were found by in Nottingham after their wives went on the parish. Where did you find teh newspaper article? Do you still have it>?
    Last edited by Hazel Stringer; 12th January 2021 at 05:41 PM.

5. Thanks Keith at Tregenna thanked for this post
    Likes Marian Gray, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel Stringer View Post
    Somewhat hindered by at least two computers crashing on me and losing data, bringing up 2 children, a serious eye condition (which explains the occasional weird spellings) and life in general! Weirdly Covid-19 is giving me the leisure to asses and organise my information.

Also, it is possible that the John Patrick you found in Nottingham may well be mine! There is something itching my brain about that. JP did desert his family on at least two occasions and from memory on one of these occasions he and his brother were found by in Nottingham after their wives went on the parish. Where did you find teh newspaper article? Do you still have it>?
    Downloading at present, 2 in all, same News Paper,31 August 1936 - Nottingham Evening Post -and the 1st of Sept. Sending by email.
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 12th January 2021 at 05:48 PM.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2