Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Royal Navy " specifications " ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Royal Navy " specifications " ?

Whoa, daddy ! First glance at this file indicates 68 classes of vessels with hundreds of craft to account for. Don't expect this any time soon. I'd say towards the end of the year. GREEN file will take until early July...

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, I have now completed converting the PREFACE of this file including eight pages of INDEX showing 2,483 vessels in service at wars end. 95.48 % yet to go... The GREEN file is 60.28 % done...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is a taste of whats to come...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Greetings to all ! The " GREEN LIST " dated December 11, 1944 of LANDING ships, craft and barges has been posted to my website under GREEN file 30C: ( Search ) Mercantile Convoy CU 49 of 1944 by Mark C. Keever. One hundred forty one pages of data, listings & etc. can be found. Some 5,471 coxswains likely learned their trade courtesy of the Royal Navy, then, after the war, plied the waters of your home town in pleasure craft. Way back when, my initial inquiry about R.N. vessel characteristics ZOOMS forward. Now, 16.02 % converted...

- - - Updated - - -

Greetings to all ! The " GREEN LIST " dated December 11, 1944 of LANDING ships, craft and barges has been posted to my website under GREEN file 30C: ( Search ) Mercantile Convoy CU 49 of 1944 by Mark C. Keever. One hundred forty one pages of data, listings & etc. can be found. Some 5,471 coxswains likely learned their trade courtesy of the Royal Navy, then, after the war, plied the waters of your home town in pleasure craft. Way back when, my initial inquiry about R.N. vessel characteristics ZOOMS forward. Now, 16.02 % converted...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quick update. Now 52.98 % converted on the vessel characteristics. I knock out about six pages a day involving cropping, editing & etc. In the mean time, I press forward with work on my main website. Presently, I'm trying to identify the 12 L.S.T.'s involved in the GOLD beach assault group 18 on June 6, 1944. I have copies of the landing tables, however, they use " index " numbers NOT actual vessel numbers. So far, I can confirm one vessel: U.S.S. LST-493 using index number 2825. You can see that on the attachment. I'm on my third attempt with the KEW for ADM 199/1624 for some kind of conversion chart ( lucky me ! ) to confirm the other 11 vessels. By finding a distribution list of orders from ONEAST/G dated May 20, 1944, I think I've narrowed down the list. It sure would help a brother out if anyone has thoughts on where / how to speed up the process WITHOUT having to request deck log books... THANK-YOU !
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4