Click here to view on the web
||
Highlighted posts
||
January 01, 2022 * 9 posts * 171 views
Crew - Listed Alphabeticallyalex smith said:
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORD Full Name Alex Smith Discharge Book Number - Department Deck Your Rank/Rating Bosun/Pumpman Which Ships were you on and When Ceramic 67 Suevic 67 ... Read more >>
December 29, 2021 * 21 posts * 485 views
General Member DiscussionDavid Robins said:
As I lay in the bath counting my legs :confused: I began to wonder why my old school geography teacher told me there was a place in Germany called "Cologne". There isn't. In fact ... Read more >>
December 31, 2021 * 17 posts * 407 views
Merchant Navy General Postingscappy said:
the royal navy is to take down the masts from the ss richard montgomery as it is feared if they collapse they could set of the tons of explosives and create a 15 foot type tsunami ... Read more >>
January 01, 2022 * 4 posts * 131 views
Merchant Navy General PostingsJohn Arton said:
Interesting article about the dredger Corozal, that was used in the construction of the Panama canal. Rgds J.A. [link] Read more >>
December 28, 2021 * 5 posts * 145 views
My Memoires and Other Interesting ThingsMichael Black said:
Seeing mention of the Sydney to Hobart race on another thread brought back memories of my first trip. It was in 1969 on the Canopic and we had 2 yachts as deck cargo 1 was the ... Read more >>
December 29, 2021 * 2 posts * 80 views
Merchant Navy General Postingsvic mcclymont said:
Falls of Clyde International has been battling Hawain Authorities for the release of the sailing vessel Falls of Clyde. The authorities have agreed to release the vessel. F. O. ... Read more >>
January 03, 2022 * 6 posts * 101 views
Wives at Sea and at HomeEdward Hooton said:
I am looking at merchant shipping in the Spanish Civil War and I have become aware that women were sometimes in those ships. I would welcome any information on the subject but ... Read more >>
December 30, 2021 * 1 post * 82 views
Shell TankersJamie Shedden said:
Northern Star Purser's Bellboy, Wieslaw Kowalczyk, 1972 on mainline voyage to Australia and New Zealand, South Pacific cruising, then start of Mediterranean Cruises from UK in ... Read more >>
December 30, 2021 * 1 post * 63 views
Poetry & BalladsIan Adrian Millar said:
ALOFT High aloft amid the rigging, Where Great grandad used to go. To fist the sails on wintry days, While the ship would rock and roll. High aloft out on a yardarm, The gale whistles ... Read more >>
December 29, 2021 * 1 post * 299 views
Missed a Newsletter - Find it here....NickTheGreek said:
Click here to view on the web||Highlighted posts|| Good to be back ladsDecember 22, 2021 * 12 posts * 290 views General Member DiscussionRed Lead Ted said: Inch green DrydockDecember ... Read more >>

More...