The Steam Tug J.R. More was built by Ferguson Bros. Shipbuilders Ltd in Port Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK in 1961 for the South African Railways & Harbours administration (SAR&H). This organisation was created in 1910, when the Union of South Africa was established, and it has gradually evolved ever since. In 1981 the South African Railways & Harbours administration (SAR&H) became known as South African Transport Services (SATS) and from 1990 became the huge South African transport and logistics company – Transnet Limited which it is still known as today. She was designed as an oil fired steam tug and was based in Durban, South Africa. She was the last of three sister ships built by Ferguson Bros. Shipbuilders Ltd, the other two were sadly scrapped in the early to mid 1980s at Walvis Bay. They were the Danie Hugo (1959), based in Cape Town and the F.C. Sturrock (1959), based in Durban. In 1981 the Danie Hugo was moved to Walvis Bay and was soon followed by her sister, the F.C. Sturrock, in 1982. Sadly they were eventually both scrapped in the mid 1980s at Walvis Bay. The J.R. More could be distinguished from the Danie Hugo and the F.C. Sturrock, as she had a single tripod foremast while the other two had separate foremasts and radar masts. The J.R. More also had twin rudders, but sadly today only the J.R. More survives.