Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Women crew members and wives at sea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Women crew members and wives at sea.

In the case of the Warkworth when I say stbd. Side I mean that literally the portion the starboard side ,the master as you say had the forward looking window , our cabin doors were side by side however. As regards slippers on the bridge , I see nothing wrong with that. During the whole time I was on the Silver pit I wore all the time disaster and all. I condensended to go and put a pairof shoes on , on arrival back in Aberdeen on. Meeting Royalty. At the time during one of the busy times the coast guard managed to get me on the VHF and I was not too worried about what they had to say, however they wanted to know when I was in the busy mode what the survivors were wearing , at the time my mind was on other things, and I said something like what are you talking about clothes of course, they tried to clarify what they were asking by saying what are you wearing , I was a bit peed off and said a pair of trouser a shirt and a pair of carpet slippers which was totally true.Then the noise of the burning and breaking up platform put all voice communication almost useless . The only protective gear supplied to ships crew were 4 discarded helicopter suits ex Dyce airport for boat crew. Job and finish. There may have been survival suits on the platform but I never saw any. Think that was the information they were looking for. As regards the deck below the bridge on the older ships being sacrosanct , Cappies favourite Captain who used to shout at him and had a bad reputation with everyone was all show. When I was second mate with him I used to slip down through the inside accomadation two decks down and through his deck which he had to himself and was told not to do. However if someone says don’t do this , I take that as a challenge. Innumerable times when I was creeping past his door curtain at 0430 a hand holding a glass would shoot out and say here second mate , drink this tell me what it is and I”II give you another one, he was only a make belief bully. Cheers JS.......
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th June 2021 at 02:30 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Women crew members and wives at sea.

Post # 100. CRYSTAL JEWEL and BRITISH AVIATOR

OFFICIAL BOT WRECK REPORT

I am pleased that most of the former BOT Wreck Reports on the Port Cities-Southampton-Plimsoll Org site are now available on the Southampton City Council -Local History-Maritime Digital Archive,Southampton. HERE.Then use search facility for name of vessel,or just browse. Then click on Check Availability,then click on the Digital Number displayed.Usually works for me !
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 14th June 2021 at 06:05 AM.

3. Thanks j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz, Marian Gray thanked for this post
    Likes Marian Gray liked this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11