Thread: new member logging first time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile new member logging first time

just a brief list of ships i sailed in
    first tipper mv amity [ex t e d tanker] as jnr engineer did a few coastal trips mostly uk Germany 1963 but deep sea was calling paid off and joined elder dempster as 5th Eng. and off to west Africa called at most ports on west coast on the second voyage we berthed in Takoradi Ghana where a british ship berthed next to us looking the worst for wear she had just crossed the atlantic from BA and was homeward bound after 16 months at sea having circumnavigated the globe twice cant recall her name ????bank but the seed was set paid off ED forcados in Liverpool crossed the road to the liver building found the bank line office and joined bank line [let the adventure begin] first trip mv eastbank circumnavigation out through panama canal australia indian ocean suez canal into the med and docked Liverpool 6month trip from then on it was mv lauralbank sprucebank forresbank fleetbank plus a couple more?if i can find my discharge book it was a long time ago just turned 80 but wow the memories regards gerry

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: new member logging first time

Welcome Gerry who was the skipper on the Amity in 1963 ?
    Also knew a couple of engineers out of Bank Line ,plus an ex master who would probably have been mate in 1964 a bloke called Young , the others names will have to come to me in a blinding flash of light. Cheers Velcom JS
    PS Just looked at your cv . Must have passed you frequently in Singleton as lived previously 2 years ago in Harmony Parade , now down at the RAAFA village Meadow Springs. If your still tippling the Happy 2 hours here is from 1600 to 1800 every Thursday not much cheaper though only about a dollar a pint but a couple of dollars off if a wino. This Thursday may have other commitments though as have some cousin visiting. Let’s know and can sign you in. There are a few seamen get in but mostly RAN. Cheers the world gets smaller every day. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th December 2023 at 04:52 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: new member logging first time

#2 Bright flash !!! Barnes and Norman Hutchinson , the two ex engineers out of Bank Line.
    I am assuming the Amity is one of the yellow Perils. And if so the name for there was Brian Tarne. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th December 2023 at 10:51 AM.
    R575129