Thread: New Member saying hello

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default New Member saying hello

Registered some time back , but been too busy recently to say hello, I’m an Engineer who started with Esso International as a Junior Engineer in 1990, went straight from the Shipyard after serving apprenticeship as Fitter &Tufner with Vickers Shipbuilding & Engineering Ltd ( VSEL)

Did two trips with Esso, SS Esso Pacific and SS Esso Demitia.
    Left Esso and went to Chervron, Engen Oil ( two trips ) , Sally Ferries, Belfast Freight ( agency) , P&O Nedlloyd ( Agency), Merchant Ferries, Norfolk Line, self Employed for a few years, then P&O Ferries for 14 years , took redundancy during Covid ( not in the big Sacking of everyone) working ashore now for A big contract company, looking after Boiler houses for four hospiyltsl sites in Northwest and a few industrial sites. Looking at going back to Sea whilst Ticket is valid, I don’t miss the Job , but miss the time off….

Trying to find any members who were on the Esso Demitia during or just before the Gulf War December 1990 , Jan 1991,
    Old man at the time was Dave Berry and C/E Graham Nelson, 2nd Engineer Stan Burnett, I paid off in Feb 91, with 3rd Engineer John Stark and 3rd Engineer Andy Nunn, Not sure if any of these are still with us but expect Andy Nunn is still active ?

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Member saying hello

Hi Geoff.
    Welcome to the site hope you find some of your old mates through the site, we have had a number of mates meet up here. You never know
    your luck.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

4. Likes Doc Vernon, James Curry, N/A liked this post