Thread: Hello From Lancashire

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hello From Lancashire

I am currently researching my Family Tree.
    I am looking for as much information about my great uncle (William Thompson) who served in the merchant navy from abt 1903 to the 1950s He died in the 1960's
    I have his Discharge A number (736391) and know he served on the Lady of Man. I believe he was a Steward.
    Any tips/ advice please?

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Default Re: Hello From Lancashire

Welcome to the site Alan. Was his father's name Frederick? Mother's name Elizabeth McDonald? If so, then according to FMP his dob was 8th of march 1887, Liverpool. Also have an 1891 census record for the family if you wish?

The link below may help if you have names of ships or their offical numbers [and for future reference]

https://www.crewlist.org.uk/

Apply to 2nd link below they will advise if they have any other records for an initial fee of £3.50

https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ils/r/D8104808 Registry of Shipping and Seamen: Index of First World War Mercantile Marine Medals and the British War Medal

Offical No's

All of the above from FMP, have checked Ancestry too but will need you to confirm the parents names above first or wife if any, as there are a few pension records available there.

Vernon will enlarge the documents when he signs on shortly I'm sure
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 23rd August 2023 at 10:16 PM. Reason: adding links

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Keith Tindell liked this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Default Re: Hello From Lancashire

Thank you Vernon.