Thread: Been in America since 1979, and thinking to returning to England

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Been in America since 1979, and thinking to returning to England

After my divorce from my American wife, I think that I am returning to England. My family is there, and at 78 years old, I do not want to meet my maker without my family around me. Living in an apartment on my own is too much to bear. Over a period of many years, I was originally recruited in the British Navy and became, as one, with the sea. Lived a very active life and even spent three years in Northern Australia, in a place called Cairns. Spent time in Belize in Central America on an archeological Treasure hunt. I have always been an avid treasure hunter, from Conquistadors lost loot, to an island off the coast of Cozumel, Mexico and a lost world war 11 plane carrying precious stones from El Toro military Air base that vanished before landing in Flagstaff, Arizona.

I hope to find old friends around the United Kingdom who became my friends, and sometimes turned up at my wive's house and stayed for a while. Not only that, but I met my lady on the Island Princess 'The Love Boat' So I have been on mostly the Princess passenger and P&O fleet, a German Cargo/ Passenger. Norwegian Cruise liner, over a period of 20 years.

Furthermore, I had a few high profile jobs, once I graduated from Watterson College in law. One of my classified position was with the United States government on a digital map project, so called 'The Tiger Project'. I also became a floor manager at the Los Vegas, Nevada at world-famous "Stratosphere". My best job was at an attorney's offices on the 'Avenue of the Stars' in downtown Los Angeles.

For me, other than a series of 13 Historic Map guides, that were published, I wrote a Handbook for the entrepreneur or any man or women, who wants to make a decent income or a fortune. This Handbook was completed about 2010 and sat in hibernation for all these years. It had to be revised, but whether you are British, American, Australian or anywhere, once you understand the essential, you can put $ or pounds in your pocket. My third try, I shared $80,000 with my friend Carlo, and it's up to the individual.

I am in good condition for my age, as I have stayed away from any addictions. From the time of docking in Honolulu, Hawaii, I have only imbibed Holistic herbs and mushrooms. I have followed 'Charles Atlas' exercise regimen and never suffered from any sickness. Even as I speak, I have applied for a Stewards position on the Mississippi River. Who knows?

New week is about start, so anybody remembers me? Leave me a message.

Regards, David

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Been in America since 1979, and thinking to returning to England

Hello David
    All sounds good to me , i guess there are many like you who may be alone and away from Family, i am still lucky as in i ma with my Wife, be it the third one, but third time lucky! Now with her for 54 Years. So something must be right! LOL

The "Charles Regime" havent heard that one for many Years now, but had an Uncle who floowed that as well, and he too was always so fit and full of life, so i reckon there must be something in it!

Now if you may be starting a new Job on a River Steamer or whatever, this will keep you where you are for now, so when do you paln to get back to the UK. Although you are Fit (And by the Pic) look it time is tight as they say, so better now that later i alwayus say!

Anyway hope all works out for you and you settle in the old Home Town.
    Dont know about old Friends though, like me went back to my old Home town aftet so many Yeras and found that all of my old mates had passed on, so the Cemetery was the only Reunion i had with them!

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

3. Thanks Harry Nicholson thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going back to UK for a part of our annual holiday this year scared the pants off me when I saw the cost of living.

My first wife, been with me also for 55 years plus one year before, would like to think about a return as she has family there but even she knows the cost would kill us.
    My suggestion, wait as long as you can unless you are a millionaire.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 As regards Cairns Dave I was there in 1953 probably before you were , I was also there about 2005. Best remember it as you once did and not spoiling your memory’s of the area. As regards the uk I doubt very much I could settle there now, even though I am more aware of the changes as have been back quite a lot having family still there . People also change and best to stay with what you know. Anyhow whatever you do all the best.JS
    R575129