Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New Member just saying Hello

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Member just saying Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    #55 Not to mention John driving on the wrong side of the road!
    Many a Chinese tourist here ends upside down on the twisty roads down the west coast.
    I got caught on the road to Disneyland( only one then). Minimum speed 70miles an hour....hello is that why so many passing me are honking their horns. I was too busy trying not panic that at every turn I would end up in a head on collison.
    Took 3 goes to even make the right turning! My American host decided he would drive back later as he thought I looked a little peaky. LOL
    Victoria, if you ever travel by road in China you will realise that they are not caught out just on twisty roads, any road is a not a challenge to them, just point the vehicle where you want to go and go for it, wrong side of the motorway, wrong way round roundabouts, traffic lights, makes no odds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony, Victoria
    After a day out visiting the Great Wall and the winter Palace in Beijing, getting back to our ship late at night on roads that were just two lanes, if we met a vehicle coming the other way, both sets of drivers would turn off all their lights, bloody frightening sitting in the front seat alongside the driver who was continuously looking my way whilst we were trying to have a conversation, not that I could hardly understand a word our Chinese driver and guide was saying.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, whilst there are some very good roads in Ireland there are a lot of very small ones where you drive where you can.

But Indonesia, great country, drive there and you will be educated into ways of driving you would never think of.
    Officially they drive on the left, in reality just about anywhere there is a space on the road.
    I have driven just about every road in Bali, Java and a couple of other smaller islands, an education in how the mind works, well for some.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you seen those three 'wise' monkeys?
    Hands over ears and eyes, that way they not only do not see the crash, they do not hear it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hodson View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Brian Hodson. I am a retired Northumbria Police Constable and have been married for fifty years to my wife, Susan. We have two daughters, Shirley and Lorna, who are now both married. and live within a few miles of us.
    I have never been in any other service except the police but several members of my family have. I look forward to reading more posts in the Forum because I find the chat amongst ex and current services interesting and informative. I have also taken an interest in both world wars and have visited the landing beaches in France and Ypres in Belgium which I have also found to be very moving experiences having lost a number of relatives in both wars.
    Keep the Forum going because it's good to hear about other people's life experiences.
    Hello and welcome to the forum I'm new here too hope we will learn a lot from here.

6. Likes N/A, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Join in life's too short to not have some fun.

Always knew i had met you before Vicky, You Tasy girls loved wild abandon and let the animal out the cage,
    {terry scouse}

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast