Thread: Hello - MV Temple Main

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hello - MV Temple Main

Hi - i joined this site because i started looking for information on my Father in Law's ship / vessel (i bet that getting this term wrong is a great way to make friends :-) )

He was on the MV Temple Main - i have seen lots of info on on the Lambert Brothers and the other "Temple's" - i was wondering if it were possible to find details of a ship's journeys to which ports etc

Father in law passed away a while ago - and i am trying to put something together for his wife as she often speaks of his Merchant Navy days and i think she would love more info

i think i have to post on the appropriate forum - so i'll go look for that

cheers

si

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello - MV Temple Main

Welcome aboard, there may be some Temple men on here who may be able to help, give it a bit of time, some of us oldies may be enjoying our new found freedom for a couple hours

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't call it a boat!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did one trip on the Temple Hall as mate but she was managed by a Swedish Company Salens. What was your father in laws last name , just in case ,as there were two different masters if I recollect correctly when I was there ,but I would have to look up to confirm . It was my last trip deep sea for a while as went offshore in 1978 and went back deep sea for a year in 1987 , and then back to offshore for the next 3/4 years in the North Sea .before slinging my hook and going to God’s country. I may be getting this a bit muddled but think the management company was Whitcos in the uk If I’m wrong I apologise. JS.

PS I remember hearing whilst on the Temple Hall that the ex master off the Mary or the Elizabeth had gone back to sea after retiring as second mate on one of the Temple ships. Nothing to do with this is it ? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th April 2021 at 01:17 PM.
    R575129

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would this be the one ? If it is then the Voyage Record Card is what you want from the Guildhall Library in London for the Year he was on her.

Google

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/thin...me-collections
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 14th April 2021 at 08:25 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: Hello - MV Temple Main

Hello Simon.You probably have these details below: You can Find Voyage records as per Doc.Vernon's post above.
    There are a couple of photos on the Shipspotting.com site.

m.v.TEMPLE MAIN,0ff.No. 187760. cargo vessel completed 4/58 by Caledon SB &E,Dundee for Temple SS Co.and registered London. 8005gr. tonnes. Diesel engine. single screw, speed 12 knots,
    History
    She served 11 years with Temple. Sold 69 at Manchester to Greek owners,renamed IRINI re-registered Piraeus.For a time she carried potash to Partington on the Manchester Ship Canal for these owners on charter to Elder Dempster.
    1982 Laid up at Stylis Greece.Sold 84 to Maltese flag owners,broken up later that year by Abdullah Industries Shipbreakers.Gadani Beach,Pakistan 7/6/84
    Last edited by Graham Shaw; 15th April 2021 at 04:31 PM.