Thread: Saying Hello

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Saying Hello

Hi All,

Just joined this forum and saying hi.
    Sailed with Brocklebanks from 1969 to 1971 as second steward.
    Looking forward to reading all the great memories.

Cheers
    Ray Money

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Saying Hello

Welcome Raymond
    Hope you enjoy whats on offer here please post some stories of your time at Sae.
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

3. Thanks Raymond Money thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, N/A, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ditto Ray, Cant help myself as suppose you have heard many times, No relation to Johnny Cash are you ? Youll soon find out how some of us are depraved for lack of light hearted communication as against being too serious , hope you had a good Xmas and New Year. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mate, we used to love listening to Johnny Cash and the 3rd Mate with a harmonica playing just like him, or maybe
    it might have been the case of Carling Black Label we had drunk between us!!
    Happy Days
    Cheers Ray

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With a surname like mine when I am asked by a shopkeeper or someone else to spell 9 times out of 10 they get it wrong. Have even tried by phonetic alphabet and you would think that would be easy to understand Sierra, alpha. Bravo, Oscar, Uniform. Romeo, November , but invariably finish up with something like Suborne. Found it is easier to write out myself, its going to get hard when the memory totally goes. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Carling Black Label Beer! Wow wouldnt like to see you after a case of that stuff, al i know is that it was the worst Beer i ever had, Kick like a Mule, and a Headache (Hangover) like you would not believe. I used to be a hard Drinker believe me but that stuff! Yuk! Enough to rattle anyones Brain, cook it i think!

It was found in a Local Hotel i use to go to on a regular basis that there were many more agressive Fights amongst the Lads that drank that Beer me included in my days LOL . So the Manager (Owner did anexperiment and tok if off the list for 4 Months and low and behold the agression went down dramatically, now was it the lack of that Beer or was it that the Lads just went elsewhere to Gas Up LOL
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th January 2021 at 06:15 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Mate.
    Don't know about which beer was worst for the aggro but have seen a few fights after Harp Lager and Tennents.
    Good job there was no Carlsberg Special Brew 9% (now watered down) on board!
    Cheers
    Ray Money

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vernon in two hours time I will be sauntering down the road takes me 2 minutes flat out to attend the ancient mariners club held appropriatly at the happy hour . I am normally a beer drinker , but to save on cash outlay , no reference to our new member who has a different version of the word , they all put 10 $ in a jar as starters , just like a tarpaulin muster and drink wine as is a lot cheaper. This no doubt was the idea of the founder who is an ex Gravesend sea school boy of 75 years ago and still got his head above water, which I am sure he never drinks. I had a visit from one of the members yesterday who was also ex RN 1956 to 1978 who was saying it would be nice to meet up with some of his matelot mates of years gone by, so pointed out this site to him , so if he can put his glass of plonk down you might get another one following his wandering star. I would point out however some of the women in the company although getting on in years can certainly knock it back. No doubt I will have a bad head tomorrow , am pleased my wife is teetotal and has no wish to accompany me , as would finish up like Cappy banished to the Garden Shed and as mine is coffin size I would have to stand all the time even if I was Dead. If Carling Black Label was cheap enough I would have no hesitation in promoting it to this group. Cheers All the best JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#7 Tennents Lager was 10 pence a pint when I sailed with it and the bar still made a profit , which all went towards free party nights in port of course. JS

PS Ref. to #8 have only 1 hour to go , going to get ready , dont want to be late. Always better to be early. JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th January 2021 at 06:56 AM.
    R575129

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Vernon in two hours time I will be sauntering down the road takes me 2 minutes flat out to attend the ancient mariners club held appropriatly at the happy hour . If Carling Black Label was cheap enough I would have no hesitation in promoting it to this group. Cheers All the best JS.
    ##well enjoy it john we surely deserve to DO WHAT WE WANT.......within reason and the law at our age..... as for the garden shed size.... it will save gwen getting a coffin when you pop your clogs .......lol and as a new yers gesture you can pop that one and tuppence in the kitty you owe me .....now dont say no before i change my mind ,,,have a good day R683532
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th January 2021 at 09:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast