Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Knight - Liverpool - Dock Board Labourer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Joseph Knight - Liverpool - Dock Board Labourer

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    ANS: What about her son & daughter in law any details on them? Sometimes when there is little to go on you have to check out distant rellies and approach from that angle, has worked for me often
    Thanks again for your help Marian. Definitely feel like i'm going around in circles at the minute.

I'm desperately trying to convince my wife to ask her mum for any little bits of information but my wife's not that interested to be honest. I'll have another go this week!

Unfortunately we know little about Kitty and/or Mary Kinsella other than knowing they are a close family friend.

I do have some additional info but we haven't yet made the connection yet to Joseph or Annie Knight.
    - We're told of a cousin to May Knight by the name of Anne (we don't know the surname).
    - We're not sure if it's a cousin or second/third cousin etc. but we're told Anne's mother is Jeanie/Ginny Johnson
    - Jeanie/Ginny had three children; Anne, Arnold, and Bill (William). And we are told Anne and Arnold never married.
    - If cousin's of May, I'm presuming Anne, Arnold, Bill are all born sometime between 1915-1930 but really it could be anytime.

Sorry I don't have more info.

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Without wanting to interfere, as to a previous assertion that I was aware of Two familys out here with the surname Knight. Also bearing in mind kids were evacuated out here during the war years for safety and as a living proof of this I have drinks every 4th Thursday with one now in his 90s. Any youngsters disappearing just prior to the war and in the early parts may have left the country. And may be the reason why no trace can be found. JS
    By all means interfere! Can you clarify the first sentence please?

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#59.. I simply stated some time ago I knew 2 people who as far as I was aware were unrelated to each other in 2 different walks of life called knight One I have now no idea if alive or dead , but at one time was the head guard and may of even been warden of Fremantle prison which is now a tourist site. He was distantly related through marriage to my sister but very far distanced . They were originally from the uk. The other was a member of an association I am attached to and is now also dead. Whenever I spoke with him he would always talk about his father was supposedly in the merchant service during the war as he thought , and how the village he came from in the Uk used to give him the cold shoulder as thought he was a. Conscientious objector ,he thought he was in government service of some kind apart from his supposedly being a merchant seaman. Probably nothing to do with your quest just the bear possibility of the names being intertwined somewhere. One knight being possibly still alive but doubt, the other definetley dead. The person I mention that I know like others was evacuated out here during the last war and returned to uk on cessation of hostilities like many others , he came back out here to live and die. As saw Australia as his home. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Annie gets married to George Thomas. No Christian name for wife and states BERRY not Barry for surname

Your George Thomas does not match the one killed in Italy 1944. He was George Stanley Thomas b around 1909/1911, married to a Mabel Kerr 1935 with two daughters Brenda & Barbara. Trying to locate his army record to find next of kin allocated to receive pension
    Hi Marian. I'm not sure I'm following you with the 'no christian name for wife'. I'm looking at the marriage records for 1940 and it shows Annie Barry married to a Thomas. Record 8b 441. I think it might be worth purchasing this record as I cannot find any other Annie Barry/Knight marrying Thomas. Timeline wise, this would tie up with the Annie Thomas on the 1943 marriage cert for May Knight. Bit of a long shot.

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Doug, hope to look again at all this evening or in the morning.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Doug, My apologies, I meant no initial for the hubby's name. Also did you check out the info on Grdsmn GEORGE STANLEY Thomas I left? see#54, paragraph 10.
    Understood that there no initial on the marriage record, however on Ancestry the details of the record suggest George Thomas. I think given the timing of the marriage and the lack of finding any other marriages this must be a major clue. But per your note, G Thomas was married with two children in 1935.

10. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

'Tad unfortunate that your wife isn't so interested in asking Maureen for snippets would probably assist in saving a fair amount in wrong certs. Valentine's Day is looming try extra charm Is it possible for you to ask Maureen directly? Sometimes your enthusiasm is all that's required I used to visit my rellies with flowers etc when searching for clues. One elderly aunt through marriage had the only wedding photograph of my grandpa's second marriage. That visit/lunch was a small fortune but worth every penny..said photo was a cracker.

As to your 'additional' info, it's imperative you share whatever you have Doug, massive time saved when searching whilst keeping those other new names in mind. Rather like a jigsaw, extra pieces fill the overall picture.
    So we manage to ask Maureen this evening for a little more information on Annie. Maureen thought she was around 11/12 when Annie died, which would be 1954/55. She categorically confirms Annie lived and died in Liverpool. Now the only Annie Barry death cert I can find is this one:

Year: 1957
    QTR: Jab-Feb-Mar
    District: Crosby, Liverpool
    Vol: 10c
    Page: 74

So I've went ahead and ordered it. Will update in a few days.

12. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dougclark View Post
    So we manage to ask Maureen this evening for a little more information on Annie. Maureen thought she was around 11/12 when Annie died, which would be 1954/55. She categorically confirms Annie lived and died in Liverpool. Now the only Annie Barry death cert I can find is this one:

Year: 1957
    QTR: Jab-Feb-Mar
    District: Crosby, Liverpool
    Vol: 10c
    Page: 74

So I've went ahead and ordered it. Will update in a few days.
    So unfortunately it's back to square one on this one I think. I've just received a copy of Annie Barry's death certificate but it states both the husband and the informant as "Joseph Barry". I was hoping her daughter May, what with being an only child, might have been the informant. As I've noted previously, we believe Joseph Knight died in the late 1930s.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

I do keep looking, fingers crossed.

Keith.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dougclark View Post
    So unfortunately it's back to square one on this one I think.

Will message / mail you. Regards, Keith.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast