Thread: New member saying hello on behalf of my late great grandad Edward Blanch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default New member saying hello on behalf of my late great grandad Edward Blanch

Hi all,

I've recently been looking in the service history of my great grandad Edward blanch who was in the merchant navy during ww1 and ww2. He died in 1952 and we have only a few clues as to what ships he served on. Having done my research and spoken to his daughter I know he served on several ships including; ss minnekadha, ss glensanda, ss osterley, ss regent lion, hmhs st David (ww2), ss new bedford (ww2). There were others but as we dont have his discharge book it's very difficult to get a full list. Any recommendations of where I can find this info would be helpful. I've already gone through the national archives and managed to find a few bits but not a complete list. War records are tricky records to locate I know

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New member saying hello on behalf of my late great grandad Edward Blanch

Lauren i think that so far your first post has been answered, if there is any other info it will be included in that Thread.
    Serves no purpose posting the same Twice, but no harm done as i know the first was actually Crew Listing
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks Lauren Roberts thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post