Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Back on site again after bit of time away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Back on site again after bit of time away.

Jeff, thankfully my sister in law has not yet reached the need for oxygen but that may not be far off.
    With the Virus she stays at home most time now, cannot afford to get it as it would most likely be the end.
    Only good part for her is her daughter, a senior Radiographer who keeps her under control along with her husband who is head of MRI deprtment.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon, cappy thanked for this post
    Glastonbury, Somerset, United Kingdom Hometown
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, I feel for your sister in law as I know what she will have to face in the future, there is no escape. Breathing is the most natural thing to do and it's a bugger when the ability to do that properly is taken away.
    I too am in self isolation being 'vulnerable' (the last thing I always thought of myself as!)
    That's handy having a daughter and son in law on the inside as it were. She'll need all the help she can get. I just get through the days as best that I can. I'm basically o.k. if I don't move. Still able to be annoying to people though which has now developed into a hobby!!
    Take care matey, Jeff
    R808042

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i have been in lockdown since april cancer in half a lung and copd in the other my professor has told me i get the virus and very little can be done? jp

6. Thanks Tony Taylor, cappy, Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    i have been in lockdown since april cancer in half a lung and copd in the other my professor has told me i get the virus and very little can be done? jp
    John, I have COPD as well and face similar outlook. I never ever smoked but have damaged lungs all the same, the theory is they were damaged due to illness when I was a child, caused by bad housing and very smoky environment outside, par for course for many in those days.

8. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

well john tony and jeff im in the same club COPD ......diagnosed a couple of years ago ...it is not overtaking me at this time but find i walk slower and not so far ......smoking and textile dust are the cause of mine ....but the present medication seems to hold it at bay ,,,,,jeff stated he started 16 years ago so at 80 i guess i will find other ailments

10. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the only times i get out to freedom is the cancer clinic i sit with people that are glad to see every day all the staff know me i take sweets and chocolate every time and like normal always make them laugh telling jokes and when they see the car pulling up outside they race to take me a wheelchair to the clinic amazing staff one asked me did i want to ring the bell i told them the last time i rung a bell it had a ship under it that was june/july still waiting for the results?? we changed phone companies months ago and still not got a working phone after many hours contacting them still not fixed its ringing in the exchange but not in the house??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keep on fighting, John
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are one tough old Scouser John, long may it continue, and i wish you all the best, kt
    R689823

14. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, same here, though I don't have the cancer. (as far as I know?) I feel so sorry for you my friend, you must also be in a lot of pain along with the struggle to breathe. I do get pain but I control it with Morphine. I'm a bit reluctant to use it as it's addictive. (I've also thought about saving it up and flogging it to the Hippie **** on Glastonbury High St.) I have been told the same.. so I haven't had a visitor for nearly a year now. The last time I chatted with others except for my super wife was September last year. I accept it now though I do get very angry at all the whinging bastards who go on about not being able to here or there or do this or that. This pandemic will be over in the not too distant future and they can carry on with their lives, you and I probably won't even be here.

Chin up mate, I'm sure all the chaps on here are thinking good thoughts for you. I hope you're getting the care you've worked for all your life.

Jeff
    R808042

16. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So glad you've still got your sense of humour John, it's about all we have left now! I think our attitude to our illnesses helps with how the medical people react to you. I have a wonderful rapport with the nurses and doctors at the surgery. I try to be up beat for them as I know they have so many miserable people with very little wrong with them to see every day and have to be nice to. (I know, they tell me!! lol ) I have had so much help since being diagnosed with COPD/Emphysema all those years ago. I've definitely had my money's worth from the NHS.
    You need to get that phone thing sorted, how can you get help when you need it?
    Jeff
    R808042

18. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy thanked for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast