Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi

Hello Shirley, I have just joined this site and read your post. I am also working on my family tree and have discovered that a relative married a merchant seaman, his dates are :birth 1910 but the earliest record I have for him working on ships is from the 1939 register which shows he was a 2nd cook on board the S.S. Orbita. He lived in Liverpool. I don't have any details re his Registration card, could you tell me how you managed to get so much information about your grandfather. You have spoken of the Mariner's Museum, do you mean the Maritime museum in Greenwich, London. I have asked for help on a genealogy site and someone has found a crew list record for my relative on the Riebeek Castle in 1952 which is the most recent record I have for his Merchant Navy Service. Hope you see this post. Rose

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Paul Johnson, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear Doc
    I've been following Shirley's search for information and a photo of her great uncle with interest as I'm also doing the same thing for my Dad. He was trained as a photographer but disappointed his father by deciding to go off to sea. He always had his camera with him and so I have been lucky to have hundreds of negatives and photographs that he took when on board. I've found many photographs of crews on the ships as I work through them. If anyone is looking for a photograph of a family members who crewed on the Wimborne 13.3.1928 - 14.3.1932, Pendeen 26.2.1949 - 7.8.1940 and the Mapledore 24.3.1959 - 2.1.1959 - 2.1.1960 I may be able to help.
    I've tried to attach one of the crew of the Mabledore as an example but not able to as internet link flakey
    Pam

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Pam
    If there are any here who want to ask you about those Pics and you cannot upload them , please let me know , even send to me i will supply my Email address t you in Private Message if you need it
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Terry, I see this is an older post, but came across this when researching The Harmattan. My father was Chief Engineer when the ship was hit in Karachi Harbour. Thankfully he survived as he turned in for an early night and was not among the guys in the 2nd engineers cabin. I don't know if anyone will see this, but thought I'd pop by and say hello. I was about 9 years old in 1972. Best wishes.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4