Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Newcomer exMN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Newcomer exMN

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    Hi I live in Tasmania! Don't worry I do have a good memory and remember people I was with. Just thought if you could furnish details maybe I could find them as I am on site so to speak???? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Ha Ha haven't you heard of premature births John??? LOL

Sure have and also of propholactic kits which were issued to us.
    Riding bare back was not some thing I engaged in when meeting with the majority of the 'ladies' overseas.
    They had a terrible habit of giving you a present if you did not take care.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John could never come to wearing a rain coat and respected that the ladies to be clean living like myself LOL. Only ever ended up with the sandy macnabs once and that was ten days out from NZ as said in earlier post. Recall them throwing packs of them in our cabins some times and most would end up full of water laying on some ones bunk. Took a lot of care to get rid of them without busting the buggers LOL.

Vic if you can recall who Sandy was around Hobart in late 68 about Sept would appreciate letting her know I an on facebook just in case but prepared to let sleeping dogs lie. Great to hear that you are not getting old timers that I think is slowly getting to me. Though that has nothing for those missing years in the sixties that is for sure.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    John could never come to wearing a rain coat and respected that the ladies to be clean living like myself LOL. Only ever ended up with the sandy macnabs once and that was ten days out from NZ as said in earlier post. Recall them throwing packs of them in our cabins some times and most would end up full of water laying on some ones bunk. Took a lot of care to get rid of them without busting the buggers LOL.

Vic if you can recall who Sandy was around Hobart in late 68 about Sept would appreciate letting her know I an on facebook just in case but prepared to let sleeping dogs lie. Great to hear that you are not getting old timers that I think is slowly getting to me. Though that has nothing for those missing years in the sixties that is for sure.

Les mate, I would not say those years of the 60's were missing, rather just misplaced for a while.
    'Confessions of a misspent youth' come to mind, great novel at the time.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I went to sea as very young man just over 16.
    My mother was in a terrible state, her only son and first born, she had two daughters, had left home.

I came back a couple of months later and said mum, looks as if you ae putting on weight.
    Next trip back and I could see she had been well and truly potted.

My young brother was born at home screaming at 0500 hours as I was getting ready to go back to Southampton.

It was years later my sister told me mum was in such a bad way when I left that dad had to comfort her, but he did too good a job!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3