Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Captain T. Roy Parsons retired Clan Line: I am his daughter keen to find out more

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Captain T. Roy Parsons retired Clan Line: I am his daughter keen to find out more

Hello! My father, Terence Roy Parsons, always known as Roy, died in February his year aged 92. He joined the Clan Line as a cadet in 1944 and sailed in convoys across the Atlantic in the Clan Colquhoun under Capt Hogg. He sailed in many of the Clan Line ships, eventually in command, until his sudden redundancy when so many of the ships were sold. He shared with me many tales of his experiences especially in the last 18 months of his life. I would love to learn more and hear from those who sailed with my father. Thank you!

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Captain T. Roy Parsons retired Clan Line: I am his daughter keen to find out more

Condolences on your late father's "Crossing of the Bar",
    I do hope that you do find here on site, some that knew
    him or of him.

Regards,

Keith.

3. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Captain T. Roy Parsons retired Clan Line: I am his daughter keen to find out more

http://www.bandcstaffregister.com maybe a very useful source of information to you in hold copies of many of the company house magazines showing crew lists as well as biographical details of many of the people there. I'm sure that if there is not an entry for your father they would probably be delighted to add the information
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Robyn
    May i also send Condolences on the los of your Dad,a sad time indeed.
    Yes that Link Rob has put on i am sure will get some good info ,i hyope that wll help you.
    A great pity when the demise of all thos good old Ships started,as we will neve a we will never ahain see the likes of such great Ships! So many great Companies now gone and forgotten,Clan Line was one along with Union Castle Line and all the rest!
    Thanks for your post and i hope you may get more info coming with a wee bit of time
    Cheers

PS Was he Originally from Southampton ?
    Do you have his Dischange Book etc.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ils/r/D8649772

Argyllshire

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 12th July 2019 at 05:48 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have traced as much of his career with B&C as I can and you will find it here: Roy Parsons

If you do trace more information I would love to add it to his page.
    A photograph of him would be useful as others will recognise him.

7. Thanks Robyn Connett thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many thanks for your reply and for alerting me to the information you have. I do have Dad's discharge book etc and shall look out a few photos at different stages of his career to post in due course.

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Ian Walsh, William J Plank liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you the reply.
    You say you have his Discharge Book,do you also have his CRS10 Papers which would hold quite a bit more information than the Book. Just in case I ask that's all.
    Good luck and we look forward to any info you may want to post
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

11. Likes William J Plank liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    http://www.bandcstaffregister.com maybe a very useful source of information to you in hold copies of many of the company house magazines showing crew lists as well as biographical details of many of the people there. I'm sure that if there is not an entry for your father they would probably be delighted to add the information
    Many thanks for your helpful suggestion!

Kind regards

Robyn

13. Likes William J Plank liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Condolences on your late father's "Crossing of the Bar",
    I do hope that you do find here on site, some that knew
    him or of him.

Regards,

Keith.
    Many thanks, Keith.

'Crossing the bar' was read at my mother's request at Dad's funeral; I wonder how frequently this is the case for old sea dogs!

I am looking forward to finding people who sailed with him and have stories to tell of voyages together. Sadly I suppose it's unlikely that any of his contemporaries who shared his wartime adventures at sea, will come forward now, but maybe I shall come across stories already posted by those who, like Dad, may have been determined to go to sea rather than face conscription as a 'Bevin Boy' and be sent down the mines! However, I hope there are many younger members of crew who voyaged with him and may have fascinating stories to relate.

Kind regards

Robyn

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quite a nice version:

Keith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNZ754iEPuM

17. Thanks William J Plank thanked for this post
    Likes William J Plank liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast