Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Captain T. Roy Parsons retired Clan Line: I am his daughter keen to find out more

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Captain T. Roy Parsons retired Clan Line: I am his daughter keen to find out more

Where is a British and Commonwealth Facebook page with many past employees looking in there. If you're on Facebook it may be worth looking it up and joining
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Captain T. Roy Parsons retired Clan Line: I am his daughter keen to find out more

I am ex Clan Line and like your father was made redundant as the company fell apart after Bernard Xayzer died and Sir Nicholas retired.
    There is a closed Facebook group with many ex Clan Line seafarers, some of whom may have served with your father. Search for Clan Line Steamers in Facebook - it's a closed group and admin will ask about your interest in the Company.

4. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Connett View Post
    Hello! My father, Terence Roy Parsons, always known as Roy, died in February his year aged 92. He joined the Clan Line as a cadet in 1944 and sailed in convoys across the Atlantic in the Clan Colquhoun under Capt Hogg. He sailed in many of the Clan Line ships, eventually in command, until his sudden redundancy when so many of the ships were sold. He shared with me many tales of his experiences especially in the last 18 months of his life. I would love to learn more and hear from those who sailed with my father. Thank you!

Hi. As well as British and Commonwealth website there is also “Clan Line Steamers”. Patricia

6. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2