Thread: Baron Kilmarnock 1955

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Baron Kilmarnock 1955

Hi I'm the daughter of a former merchant seaman. My dad was Chief engineer frank ( francis) mcmillan. I'd love to hear from anyone who sailed with him. Many thanks x

2. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Baron Kilmarnock 1955

Hello Frances
    Welcome to the site and i hope that with a wee bit of time there may be some who may recall your Dad.
    Hope you will enjoy what is on offer here as well.
    If you can give some Ship names and dates that may get the old Grey Hairs going LOL
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Baron Kilmarnock 1955

Hi Frances.
    I sailed on the Baron Kilmarnock as an AB, only the one trip joined in Swansea on 16.9.54 and paid off in Falmouth on 12. 8. 55. I can't remember if it was her maiden voyage she had been built for a Swedish Company I think, she had beautiful accommodation, all single cabins. As you can see by the dates it was a long trip, we where the first tanker to discharge at the Kwinana refinery in Freemantle. We were on the Australian coast for a few months. Sorry I can't remember the names any of the engineers. I will try and put a picture here of the Kilmarnock.
    She was the only tanker that the baron boats had.
    Cheers Des
    . I think this was taken in Colombo, click on the picture to bring it up bigger
    Baron Kilmarnock.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Frances.
    I sailed on the Baron Kilmarnock as an AB, only the one trip joined in Swansea on 16.9.54 and paid off in Falmouth on 12. 8. 55. I can't remember if it was her maiden voyage she had been built for a Swedish Company I think, she had beautiful accommodation, all single cabins. As you can see by the dates it was a long trip, we where the first tanker to discharge at the Kwinana refinery in Freemantle. We were on the Australian coast for a few months. Sorry I can't remember the names any of the engineers. I will try and put a picture here of the Kilmarnock.
    She was the only tanker that the baron boats had.
    Cheers Des
    PS. I think this picture was taken in Colombo, Ceylon. Click on the pic and it will come up bigger you can then copy it.

Baron Kilmarnock.jpg
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 18th May 2019 at 01:27 AM.