Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hey guys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hey guys

Not trying to throw a damper on anything, but is this all you have to go on ? Is the scroll authentic ? It looks like the name place has been left blank to put a name in as is. An authentic scroll the name would be part and parcel of the document. Also is there a signature to it. Not saying it is but there is the possibility of the printed article being. A job lot for anyone to put a name to. Many novelty productions of times present and today sell various documents. A one I have seen quite often is the OBE presented to any member of a group I belong to. However at the end it describes the OBE as over bloody eighty. Probably to make it legal. Documents unless studied closely may not be what they seem. One could get any certificate or document reproduced as similar to any original in Taiwan a few years ago, and could even do so today no doubt. That empty place to type in any names does not seem authentic to me. Regards JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th November 2018 at 06:11 AM.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Strange JS
    As one cannot seem to find a trace of him i too was thinking on those lines,but hard for the Person looking,as i am sure they would think it all Genuine.
    But let us just hope that something may one day come up for the poster
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc , in the 50s you could get copies of anything you wanted out east. even replicas of top playing records 33s 45s or 78s, copies of all nautical publications and best selling books. Cert. of competency were easy to get your hands on and were exact copies. The only way you could check was by the number. And this was retained by the BOT. As the picture of the diploma or whatever it is , has the crown on The heading could soon prove false or genuine by a connosieur of emblems of the past. Today I doubt it would be authentic. Also diplomas are always signed. To my mind certainly doesn’t appear to have come from any royal family, unless they are called George Robey. There again I could be wrong , hope I am, but better she should know rather go along with mistaken notions. JS..
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th November 2018 at 07:27 AM.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Emma,
    I sailed with a cadet in Clan Line who's name was Taylor, his family ran one of the largest and oldest industries in Mauritius which included vineyards.
    I suggest you look them up on google 'Taylor family Mauritius' and perhaps ask them about your relative.
    Good luck.

8. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This may or may not be him: http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ils/r/D8539172

Dave W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2