Thread: John White

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default John White

Good morning Brian and all you guys and gals that served at sea. I am John White R658336, ex Vindy Boy

I served my time with a few companies.Starting in 1956 with Union Castle.Re- " Durban Castle " I was wondering if maybe there were any old salts out there remember me I served on deck.My memory is getting a little dim,so I cannot remember all the ships I was on.30 or more. So where is your discharge book I hear you say. It accidentally got stored in a damp cellar and got ruined beyond reading. So perhaps there are some suggestions as to how I can get a replacement. I thank you all in advance. Those were the days. John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Welcome

Hello John W

Would just like to give you a warm Welcome to this very good site!
    Here you will find lots of info,a good Crew here and with luck also find a few old Shipmates!
    So sit back grab a Tinny,relax and just enjoy the trip!
    Hope we will have you here for a long time! Have a happy stay!

Now for a few pointers John, first of all you cannot get a replacement Book unlees you are stilll at Sea,or have a letter of Employment with a firm offer!

You can however apply for your Seamans Pouch,or CRS10 which if survived can be obtained at Kew London!
    If you give me your DOB and place of Birth i will look and see if it is there!
    The Seamsn Pouch may not contain all the info you may want,but it is a start!
    The CRS10 however should have most of your Ships,a Photo when joined,and a few other things!
    If you may like to persue this Avenue please drop me a line through the site,and i will look into it!
    All the best
    Doc

PS I too started with UCL in 1958 and was on Ships such as Dunnottar Castle,Winchester,Warwick,Sterling.
    But in the Catering side!

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Have sent the Link to your via Private message John,hope al goes well.
    Good Luck!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530