Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Vernon Emergency

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vernon Emergency

Hi Richard,....your #94 refers,

Thank you for your concern for our mate and your kind offer of support to Irene should the need arise. Although I have their home telephone no., Richard, I do not have Irene's Mob.No., so must rely on her to contact me periodically with the latest news regarding Vernon (it's a system that's seemed to work O.K. so far). I expect to hear from her later this evening and will, of course, pass on your message. Although Irene is a very capable, independent lady (I hope she won't mind me saying that) I'm sure she, too, has derived great comfort from the many kind wishes sent to Vernon by his mates far and wide, not least of all your own.

Please say hello to Margaret for me.

............Roger
    Last edited by Roger Dyer; 21st June 2019 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shipmates,

I received the following from Irene earlier tonight (Friday, Oz time). Vernon was moved out of the ICU on Thursday and is showing some improvement. He is now able to make his way round the ward(s) unaided for short periods at a time and manages to shower himself o.k. He still gets a shortage of breath from time to time, but apparently this is to be expected during the early stages of his recovery, bearing in mind he has been virtually inactive since his operation eight days ago. I don't imagine his loss of appetite helped matters either. Irene will be seeing him again tomorrow (Saturday) and hopes to get some idea of when he will be discharged. Will pass any information on as it comes to hand.

Goodnight all.

.....Roger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As always many thanks Roger for your thoughtful updates . Fingers crossed all will be well for Vernon and Irene soon .

Best regards Neil .
    R 627168 On all the Seas of all the World
    There passes to and fro
    Where the Ghostly Iceberg Travels
    Or the spicy trade winds blow
    A gaudy piece of bunting,a royal ruddy rag
    The blossom of the Ocean Lanes
    Great Britains Merchant Flag

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST,MATEY

from

Graham Shaw and Gulliver
    Quick Sem.gif

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shipmates,

This afternoon (Saturday, Oz time), Vernon phoned my home whilst I was out. He spoke to my wife, Pauline, and told her that he had been discharged from hospital this date and was in the process of being driven home by his daughter, Cheryl. He left a message for me, specifically asking that I not phone him back, but, rather, wait for him to contact me. Pauline said that when he called she gained the impression he was still in need of peace, quiet, and plenty of rest......(if that is the case, I think we can all understand why). Now that Vernon is able to read these forums once again, I don't imagine get-well messages would be unwelcome, but please don't expect or be offended if an immediate response is not forthcoming...........Somehow, I don't think phone-calls (however well-meant) would be appreciated at the present time. Should I receive any phone calls or info from Vernon, I will pass it on a.s.a.p.

..........Roger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good to read that you have been discharged from hospital Vernon. Plenty of rest and recuperation is the order of the day, so just take things easy and get used to being spoilt.
    Best wishes
    John C.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very best wishes Vernon for a speedy and excellent recovery. Absolutely amazing how far medicine has progressed in the last few years. Take it easy and take care. I feel sure that you are in good hands.
    R 800658 Kn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a little uplifting thought.
    Mick Jagger of the rolling stones, 76 years old, had a heart valve replacement surgery one month ago. Last night he was strutting his stuff in front of 61000 fans in Chicago and his roadies reckon that by the end of the tour he will be the only one of them left standing. This is a guy who in his earlier days had a love of Mars bars, alcohol, cigarettes and drugs, doesn't seem to have done him permanent damage, so perhaps that thought could cheer up Vernon.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vernon, great to know you are back home with your loved ones, hope you are beginning to feel better as time passes ,"No Hurries No Worries"
    take things one step at a time and you will soon feel as fit as a fiddle, GET WELL SOON DOC All the best, John F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Shipmates.......#100 refers

Please accept my apologies for an error made in this post. When referring to 'This afternoon (Saturday, Oz time) I did, of course, mean (Monday, Oz time). Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion or inconvenience I may have caused.

.......Roger

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast