Thread: Watch it...Mishaps will happen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Watch it...Mishaps will happen

Last evening, I got up out of my armchair took a half step, caught my foot in a corner of a carpet and fell face first. The first thing that hit the floor was my nose, a microsecond less my forhead, then I guess my chin and mouth. I finally stood up and stared down at blood dripping on my apartment carpet. I have a two-bedroom apartment that I rent. Everything other than my kitchen and two bathrooms are a beige carpet.

I tell you this as the second thing that went through my head (other than the floor) was the thought that I would be stuck for recarpeting the carpet throughout the apartmen. Consequently, as soon as I wrapped a towel around my mouth and nose was to get the blood out of beige carpeting.

Cold water, a sponge and heaps of hand towels. I got the last drop out at 2 a.m.

Today, I am the not -so proud owner of two black eyes, a bent but not broken nose and luckily no dental problems.

I snapped a selfie on my cellphone, but I don't know how it attaches it to my cell phone. It isn't pretty, and I'm sure nobody would want an autographed 8x12 copy to stand alongside the bedroom lamp. Come to think of it, I don't think anybody would want an 8x12 glossy of me start naked alongside their bedroom lamp either.

Jeers...I mean cheers (this damn swollen nose) Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Watch it...Mishaps will happen

Rod.
    I am not going to say cheers mate, as that would suggest a comedy act. and I know from experience it would have hurt. But don't you feel silly when you stand up and realize how daft you've been. I caught my shoe; side on in the carpet, did a complete charge across the lounge and hit the deck, slid into the kitchen, my wife was cooking dinner, I felt like a bloody comedian, wouldn't have surprised me if she had said dinner isn't ready yet dear.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are lucky Rodney I suffered a broken nose in 1964 received no medical advice and packed it with cotton wool myself , it was an argument I tried to stop and stepped in and received a blow meant for someone else, still have trouble today getting spectacles to fit properly. JS
    R575129

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.

Try holding the glasses and have your wife punch the frames. See it she can match them up to your nose. Just a friendly suggestion, you can tell, because I had you take them off before the punch line.

Cheers, Rodney
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to hear of the mishap Rodney, as as said must have been a wee bit sore to say the least!
    Dont know how you managed to think of the Carpet with all that going on, mate i would have just gone to the Docs! LOL

Hope it all soon gets better and the Eyes are back to their normal colour! Not nice walking around with two Black Eyes! What will the Neighbours say! ( His been hit by a Lady Basher poor Sod) LOL

Take Care and have a good Merry Xmas, next time wake up properly first before Walking!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

7. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

She’s tried straightening it a few times but doesnt work.JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodney there's a job opening over here, we've just sent two giant pandas back to China, so guess two large black eyes would be welcome at Chester zoo, and of course there are the side benefits they were only sent over here in the first place to eat and mate!, the job we all dreamed of when younger

10. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Marian Gray Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Last evening, I got up out of my armchair took a half step, caught my foot in a corner of a carpet and fell face first. The first thing that hit the floor was my nose, a microsecond less my forhead, then I guess my chin and mouth. I finally stood up and stared down at blood dripping on my apartment carpet. I have a two-bedroom apartment that I rent. Everything other than my kitchen and two bathrooms are a beige carpet.

I tell you this as the second thing that went through my head (other than the floor) was the thought that I would be stuck for recarpeting the carpet throughout the apartmen. Consequently, as soon as I wrapped a towel around my mouth and nose was to get the blood out of beige carpeting.

Cold water, a sponge and heaps of hand towels. I got the last drop out at 2 a.m.
    Jeers...I mean cheers (this damn swollen nose) Rodney
    Sorry to hear of your trip Rodney and how painful it must have been, think ahead if there is a next time!

Sue the Landord for loose fitting carpet, every other bu88er has been doing that for years!

Hope you feel better soon.

12. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Maid Marion and the rest of the merry men.

My eye bags are much better, a nicer shade of blue. No, they don't match up with my eyes, they are green, maybe in a couple of days.

I had to do some shopping and a bank visit, I got a bit fed-up with the quick looks and hasty looking away. Especially in the bank, you would think I was trying to take money out instead of depositing.

My thanks' to you and the crew, for your kind words and concern.

Cheers, Rodney
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#9. Whhhheeeew , thought for one moment there you were going to claim blue blood there Rodney. Like a bloke here in Oz and a lady in the US of A who are seeking confirmation. However on second thoughts you would be ruled out as your age would make you older than your so called father. Cheers JS
    R575129