Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mobile Phone

My wife and I decided to get a mobile phone, so we asked our son to go with us, the girl at the shop did all the business like putting everything on the phone, and probably thinking that our son would see us right never explained as she normal would anything about it.
    To me a mobile is different to a Computer which I am familiar with, but this mobile had a mind of its own
    My son was up three times trying to explain things, but as he was holding the phone and with my poor sight I only saw half of what he was explaining, God talk about laugh, just caught the wife's arm as she went to throw it .
    Late yesterday afternoon I was trying to get the gist of it when I turned on the torch, I turned the phone around to have a look and nearly blinded my self, so back to the old phone and our son, before he came I found the off button.
    My son works with a group of four handicapped people, he told them he was leaving half an hour early, they asked what for, he said, "I'm just going up to murder my parents." He left them laughing their heads off.
    We wont be getting rid of our PROPER phone just yet.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks Les Woodard thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mobile Phone

I too have a mobile phone and had one for years but have only used it for about a month in all that time. In fact had to get rid of the last one to upgrade as it was redundant. I can make phone calls on it okay and that is the fecking limit for this luddite. Just tried to transfer some money today and the bloody bank would not process it unless I put in a security code that they sent to my mobile phone as it was a new transaction. So transferred it to my other bank account that does not do that simply because I could not find the message they sent. So yes I simpathise with your wife mate and my phone is nearly tossed numerous times as well.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, Les, sadly now without one you can be very cut off from the world.
    They can be useful and also a bloody menace.
    How many walk into you when they are more interested in the screen than where they are going.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are not alone Des, I was quite happy with my old Motorola it danced and sung to my needs, but since my wife died my daughters and friends who have adopted me gave me an Apple i-phone and i-pad so that I would be on the same system as them (I could contact them with my Motorola), it is just as well I cannot reach the sea from my balcony as they were the most frustrating instruments of torture that nearly became airborne on a number of occasions. As they were well meaning gifts to protect the old sod I persevered and as time moves on I can see the benefit of their good intentions, but I still miss the smallness, the lightweight and ease of use of my old Motorola.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Both of our apple i phones, are my sons cast offs, and i hate the bloody thing, i only want to make a call, mostly to my wife anyway. Press the wrong key, and all sorts of things start to happen, over which i have no control, i would like to go back to my old flip phone, no camera , big numbers and letters, and i will do as soon as i can see the one i want.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Same here keith .....i only use mine now for possible emergency .....the grandkids ring and my kids ......a older lady went for a walk most evenings in a local wood ...but fell and broke her ankle ......but with her phone managed to ring for help .......a good reason for having a phone.....regards R 683532 CAPPY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad I read this topic. I refuse to have a smart phone, simply because I'm not smart enough. I have a Doro phone that has no wi fi, but has a camera and torch. It makes me laugh sometimes, when I get sent a message telling me to click on the whatever it is below to see what's been sent, I've got used to not worrying about it.
    During the pandemic, I would go shopping and be told by a security "person", to click a thing to show I was there. I would get out my phone and aim it at the thing, then be told to go in.
    I was at the doctors the other day after getting a message I couldn't download. The reception "person" said "maybe you're not bright enough to do these modern things". I asked her (sorry, them) to show me how, and gave her my phone. After a while I suggested that maybe she (sorry, they) was not that bright either. I think "them" saw the funny side of it then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Des, Les, sadly now without one you can be very cut off from the world.
    They can be useful and also a bloody menace.
    How many walk into you when they are more interested in the screen than where they are going.
    Phone zombies I call them, John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What about all those mad looking f****rs that walk along, yapping loudly, with hand waving, and nobody next to them. They must have a thing in their ear talking to them, but it is always a strange sight, and sound, when they walk past my house in the middle of the night, tattling on to nobody.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not only the mobile phone giving me the tom tits but upgraded my cordless phone to one that uses Alexa and now find that it is linked to mobile phone for phone numbers. Only reason for the fecker is that the sheriff needs a phone she can just ask to dial a number due to her failing eyesight otherwise these phones would end up in the garbage bin real quick. So miss our old corded phone with dial on it but as per usual it went the same as our wall ohone that does not work on this NBN network. Grandkids often remark on the wall phone in the shed and as it just gathers dust because I can not dial out on it anymore. Agree John in todays system one is regarded as a non person if you do not have a mobile phone. Found out to my expense that when out with the phone that you have to check for Wi fi connection otherwise you get charged an arm and a leg to use it. Just as an aside? How long has this site had this fuction. Seems as you type it the finished word or sentence pops up and is that just to show you the correct spelling as I do not know how to just accept what it does. I told you I am a dedicated Luditte and proud of it.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast