Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Irish or eu madness

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Irish or eu madness

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    James, have you ever seen 'Willow the Whisp"?

It is Methane burning with a light blue flame.
    It can be seen in warmer weather on land that is filled with rotting vegetation.
    Funny thing, it stays down, does not go up.
    Will-o'-the-wisp is Phosphine (PH3) Diphophane (P2H4) and Methane (CH4) Marsh gas maybe made by the Fairies. not those from UCL John maybe it is the little people from in and around County Tipperary

Maybe this will help you to understand John, you are obviously missing something in accepting a scentific proven fact

Methane gas escaping via three routes: ebullition (bubbling), plant-mediated transport, and diffusion.

Methane is lighter than air having specific gravity 0.554. If fresh water has a specific gravity of 1.0 why would Methane not rise ?

Marsh_gas.webp.jpg
    Last edited by James Curry; 8th June 2023 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Methane like Co2 is produced by all living creatures, even you.
    Methane is also created by all decomposing material, including buried bodies.
    Methane from land fill is tapped and added to natural gas so it has a use.
    Removing cattle will do little to ease the situation, more Sheep, Pigs, chooks and Ducks will be farmed.
    They also create Methane.

But without Co2 we would die from lack of oxygen, it is absorbed by the rots of trees and plants then released through the leaves as oxygen.

But if both are so bad creating so called global warming, why then are the ice flows in the Antarctic being created about two months earlier than normal over the last two years. Scientists in NZ now consider this to be part of a normal cycle.
    just like climate changes.
    Ireland about 1 million years ago was a tropical island, the decomposing green matter made the Turf burned today in fires there.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Burning of Turf has been banned in Ireland since October 2022, but I expect Mick will be ignoring that ban. Reason for banning it is Peatbogs capture more CO2 than trees.
    Anyway you were implying Methane sinks and does not rise.

gas-bag-vehicles-1-1-640x381.jpg Got my new car today it is the one on the right. Not an EV but just plug it into the cows when being milked , just hope they are not prone to wet emissions.
    Last edited by James Curry; 8th June 2023 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James Peat brickettes have been in use in Ireland for over 25 years, the days ofl locals such as my father in law cutting his own is long gone.

In reply to such comments you must spend a lot of time on GOOGLE getting the answers.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 9th June 2023 at 06:41 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well John sometimes it is best to check your facts before putting your foot in it.

Peat briquettes have been the most popular solid fuel in Ireland for over 60 years.

Bord na Móna (n.d.)‘Bord na Móna announce formal end to all peat harvesting on its lands’.

John I do spend a lot of time reading and researching various subjects that interest me. Climate change and likely causes that are attributing to it is high on my agenda.
    I see Australia is heading for another drought later in the 2023, your old Spanish friend is warming up the Paciffic ocean again. Ah well you will be able to save a few bucks over the winter months, no need to dig the turf or buy peat briquettes.
    These things give out great heat. I used them in the wood burner.OIP (11).jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well meeself now I not be knowing about the Irish Madness, but we should be concerned about the USA madness when yon fellow true blue (or is that green) Oirishman O'Biden states that Ireland has always been its greatest ally. Is that the same Green Forty shades of green isle, whose navy consists now of six patrol boats, 3 out of commission and two more with no crews, or is it the airforce with two in number propellor trainers whose operating ceiling is 10,000 feet which cannot reach the ceiling (30,000 feet) Russian bombers along its west coast. Is that the same best ally who has to have an American naval vessel patrolling its west coast, because it has none of its own that can do it, is that the same ally who has an unwritten agreement with the UK that RAF fighters will patrol its western shores to deter Russian aircraft violating its airspace. I wonder if President O'Biden discussed this with President Sunak as Biden called him. Good luck with military support from the Forty shades of green Mr President

8. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Keith Tindell, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

An awful lot of Irish are in the British Armed forces Ivan . Ireland is a neutral nation so why would they be in need of a sizeable military. The only nation that have attacked the Irish state in the last 400 years or so was England. But in the 1920's the Irish eventually sent them packing.
    Yes no doubt Britain could have carried on ruling the Irish but they would have had to maintain a very large military presence to do so.
    It would appear that unlike the Scots & Welsh the Irish just refused to be subjucated and it would appear to be still that way today in the Northern Ireland.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the PM is trying to dump all laws made for us by the EU sooner the better we can sort our own country out? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, yes the Bord na Mona site in Tipperary is now closed, but peat brickettes are still being made and used.
    My wife has a dozen or so cousins in Tipp and Kilkenny, all still use them for heating and cooking.

Yes El Nino is coming as he does about every 8 to ten years, Stays for about six months then moves off.
    Nothing to see here, and no doubt his cousin La Nina will be back again in about or 9 years time.

Back in the 90's we had here in Victoria a ten year drought, nothing new there, been going on for thousands of years.

As was noted by one journalist, the BOM do not always get the forecast right, but they have a way of massaging the figures of years past to suit.

It is also well known that Ireland being neutral had a number of R&R camps during WW1.
    'It;s a Long, Long way to Tipperary,' was written about that.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 10th June 2023 at 07:05 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post

(1)An awful lot of Irish are in the British Armed forces Ivan

(2)Ireland is a neutral nation so why would they be in need of a sizeable military.

(3)It would appear that unlike the Scots & Welsh the Irish just refused to be subjucated and it would appear to be still that way today in the Northern Ireland.
    1. Yes I know James, my father was one of them

2. Remaining neutral didn't do Norway, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg any good. Switzerland was okay because of its willingness to hide anyones money. Although having worked for and lived in Switzerland for a time they are convinced that Hitler didn't invade them because he knew he would be defeated

3. I think you will find that the Vikings and Scots were the first to invade Ireland, but it's always convenient to blame the English.

Good to note that your sense of humour is still shining through

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast