Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: E.U.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default E.U.

I was one of the millions of British people who voted to leave the European Union, I now realise what a huge mistake we made. Everything we were promised on Brexit has been proven to be lies and wishful thinking.
    The sign on the battle bus saying the NUS would receive thousands of pounds extra per week on leaving was untrue. The truth is the NUS is broken and on it's knees because of underfunding and staff shortages. Take back control of our borders was repeated over and over leading up to the vote, figures show legal migration is higher than ever and hotels are packed full of illegal migrants costing tax payers millions of pounds a week to house them. Fishermen are still completing with foreign trawlers in British waters. Boris Johnson's "oven ready deal" on Northern Ireland has led to a complete shutdown of government in the country with all the unrest this could bring. World wide trade deals have failed to materialise and we are all poorer with a cost of living crisis.
    Can any one of you point to anything that could be described as a success of Brexit?

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Arthur Rowe liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: E.U.

You’ve got your own politicians back home not claiming exorbident travel and hotel expences .?!???? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 20th May 2023 at 08:30 AM.
    R575129

4. Likes cappy, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you get your covid jabs ok louis ?.
    R689823

6. Likes Ivan Cloherty, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Louis the fly;417146

. The truth is the NUS is broken and on it's knees because of underfunding and staff shortages.

Take back control of our borders was repeated over and over leading up to the vote, figures show legal migration is higher than ever and hotels are packed full of illegal migrants costing tax payers millions of pounds a week to house them. [/QUOTE

The NHS is not underfunded, it is totally mismanaged, millions upon millions are poured into it each year, and what happens, thousands of admin staff posts are created, because the secretary to the secretary requires a secretary to handle all the paperwork created by employing new secretaries.

As for illegal immigrants, pray tell your solution for preventing them crossing the channel.

Broken promises, of course there are, no one foresaw a pandemic looming on the horizon, normally you get a whiff of something brewing, this one appeared out of nowhere, although many have suspicions of where 'nowhere' is.

Two years of personal and political life where not normal and compromises had to be made, lots of people moan but never come up with a solution. I have friends in Sweden who say you think you have problems, we are a country of 11 million people of which over 3 million are illegal immigrants a lot of who work in a black economy, so no taxes are paid, we Swedes are sinking faster than the Titanic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis you are absolutely spot on this Government has renaged on its £350m.
    Instead it pumps billions in, which would you have Louis 359 or billions of £.
    Since 2009 when the budget was set at £96b it is now at £180b.
    As Ivan states it's over manned by non medical staff.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 20th May 2023 at 09:03 AM.
    R879855

9. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Must tell of my experience only yesterday, my wife went in for day surgery with a general anaesthetic , she had had a pre med, blood test, signed consent forms , saw the surgeon who issued a new prescription, this was 5 days pervious to the op. I drove my wife in to the hospital at 0645, and came home. the phone rang as soon as i got in, to come and pick her up. she was not on the list to be done, total mystery. later had a phone call from the omissions office, apologies, she had been deleted from the list for that day by accident. Bloody disgrace
    R689823

11. Thanks Brenda Shackleton thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just as an addition to #4 NHS

A 70 year old Darlington woman on entering hospital was given a form to fill in. In the gender section, normally male/female, there were 18 choices of how people identified themselves, ( I can't be bothered to go into them) that's where the bluddy money goes in the NHS. I wonder when the patient is on the operating table the surgeon asks 'have you checked the gender, there may be something different inside'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have two points which cause me great angst ......what happens when the monies put into the economy by businnes and taxpayer are overtaken by the monies paid into the bottomless pit of the NHS....the.billions paid to the in benefits for those who will not work ......and the councils and public services ie sunderland where the chief exec is paid in the region of 500000 pounds per annum ......and yet is one of the poorest areas in the country .....R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Louis, we have taken back control of our borders We have got rid of thousands of EU laws(U Turn) on that. We have worldwide trade agreements with the likes of Morocco, Australia, must be more? Oh and we have had 5 Prime Ministers.
    The NHS was on it's knees before Brexit, looks like that £350 million a week Promised for the NHS must be still pending, it is now on it's back.
    Maybe that £350 million some of it is going to France to pay the refugees assisted passage scheme.
    There is no point in you complaining Louis you voted leave.
    Maybe redemption is on the Horizion as Rishi seems to be cosying up to Chancellor Scholz & Von der Leyen. Is he looking for a way back in? Rishi is bricking it especially as what is left of the British Car manufactuering is about to go tits up.

But this paragraph has to take top prize.
    Brexit had “failed”, Farage had said. Britain had “not actually benefited … economically” from leaving the EU. And who was to blame for this sorry state of affairs? “Useless” Tory governments.

Not to worry Flip Flop Stammer as next PM will, give it a year or two and he will along with the Lib Dems start pushing the idea for another EU referendum. Let's face it an awful lot of those who did vote leave will have departed for pastures new
    Last edited by James Curry; 20th May 2023 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And a lot of the new generation of voters are only interested in what's on their phones, and what their mates are doing on the next table by text,
    R689823

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast