Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: E.U.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: E.U.

People are being sent abroad to other countries and being treated and having their treatment paid for in some cases by the NHS, Why are they having to go abroad in the first place.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The question should be asking, is why consultant/doctors can work for the NHS and privately?
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

agree there Vic, 2 years ago my cataract had got to the stage where the optician said not to drive. i asked about the waiting list on the NHS, was too up to 2 years. Now at that time was 81, and a 2 year wait, my life flashing by as it is. So i paid for the cataract to be done privately, £2500, and yep, the same surgeon that had done my other eye some years before on the NHS, was the one doing it privately, nice little earner eh. The ironical fact is that most of upon this site in UK,at are age are the only fully paid up members of the NHS.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Paid my National Insurance Contributions all my working life. Some times I could pay a class 2 and others depending on employer paid a class1.

Last time I paid Class 1 I was sailing on IOM flag ships. My employer was based in Singapore so they were not liable to pay employers contributions. Because I was on one of there ships that had moved from Bermuda flag tp Isle of Man I was no longer allowed to pay class 2 NCI's So from paying about £500 a year my NCI Class 1 became £5875 for the following year 2011
    I have a friend who decided not to pay NIC's when it went from Class 2 to Class 1. He has recently retired and is state pension age. First question he was asked by the DWP was how he would like to pay the £76,000 arrears in his NIC's. He is now living somewhere in Spain.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith, same Doctors threatening strike action because poorly paid!
    Vic
    R879855

6. Likes Keith Tindell, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the NHS /Government can find the 55% that Agencies get for supplying Junior Doctors & Nursing staff, how come the best they can manage to offer the the Striking NHS nurses is 5% and a back hander of £1500, which will be taxed, same as the £500 thankyou for the Pandemic bonus.
    Please explain that one?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Heard a good one from oldest son's partner the other day.

Last week she phoned her dentist- the same one she's had for the last 15 years to make an appointment only to be told that for the month of June - all
    appointments are toi be held for asylum seekers and immigrants only , NO OTHER APPOINTMENTS ARE TO BE MADE OR ACCEPTED.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Entering the EU if I recall was not a choice for anyone living in Uk then, it was all down to E. Heath.
    To leave you were given a choice, was it correct, depends on your age and attitude towards Europe in total.

You have NHS problems, you are not on spike island on that one.

Globally there is a shortage of all medical staff, Doc, nurses, PCA, dentists etc.

Those who years ago saw it as an essential service and were dedicated to such are very few now.

Nurse training was taken from the hospitals and put into to Uni system, big mistake.
    First call here in Oz was of some 240 students, 3 years later 80 qualified.

More money can be made in front of a computer screen with less agro than any nurse will ever earn.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very true John, when it went from hospitals to uni here, known as project 2000, what person wants to train as a nurse for 3 years and qualify at the end with a debt of £30,000, having had to pay for tuition, accommodation etc. dreamed up by some pratt in an office somewhere.again an example of the old method best. now we allow 3rd world countries to train their nurses, then we poach them.
    R689823

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why has this post been turned into a debate on the NUS? This is only one of the lies told to get a leave vote, that the NUS would receive increased funding outside of the EU.
    Is the UK more prosperous after leaving? Do we have control of our borders? Have fishing rights been secured? Are legal and illegal immigration numbers falling? Has the UK government achieved massive investment opportunities? Are we all better off outside the EU?

The answer to these and many other question's is NO. Once again we have been manipulated to believe the Tories lies and spin.

14. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast