Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: £10 poms

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: £10 poms

Hi Ivan.
    No worries mate, All the men in this town talk in a rough voice, so far haven't seen a limp wrist down here.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: £10 poms

Just going back a while to the Original Post in Question, i have since heard from good source that the Ship Depicted in the Series was in fact part of two Ships, being the Chusan and the Himalaya.
    That is as far as one can get to the truth!

Another reply is as far as Immigration, well in 1980 i came here with the Wife and two Young uns, we had not much at all, no Funiture etc, just the basic Clothing and a few other Items of Value not Money wise, just of personal value. Along with 4 Tea Chests those cdays all wired up, mostly our good Kitchen ware!
    As well as me paying the Tickets for the Fares for us all, we arrived here with the grand Sum of some 400 Rand! Believe it was then worth a bit more than the Aussie Dollar. How time changes things!

That was it, lived with the In Laws who had come the Year before , for two weeks then managed to get a fully Furnished Rental House, fro a Couple who were going back to the uk for some 5 Months! Lucky us!
    From there it was all just uphill, and we did well, in the end ! Good old Aussie!!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6