Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stammering

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stammering

How much would you like to bet James, i will be reminding you of course, IF Starmer gets in, within 6 months there will be a scandal of some sort within the gov, almost every Gov formed within a short while is hit with scandals, some MP shafting his secretary, expenses et etc, and the longer a gov is in power the more scandals. The fact is they are all of a certain breed, and will ever be the same, ill be there to remind you, lol
    R689823

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10, Javid Marandi is not under investigation and there no plans to investigate him or his UK Companies.
    Its a typical lefty plot to bring the Tories into disrepute, there was no mention of his links to the Prince and Princess of Wales Charity.
    Vic
    R879855

4. Thanks Brenda Shackleton thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you read the Evening Standard article.
    If it is incorrect I am sure he will be sueing the Evening Standard for a very large settlement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith, I Do not think I mentioned that Stammer and his government will not become involved in scandal or sleaze at some stage during there term in office. Always happens in any government. I would be surprised and disappointed if it got anywhere near what the current Government scandals that keep appearing on a regular basis. Certain individual senior ministers have been caught and brought to account abusing their positions. Placing government contracts to friends and family and not getting tax payers value for money. PPE contracts. NHS contracts, shipping company contracts being awarded to a company with no ships. Given the mess the SNP are in it is likely they will lose 50% of there seats in Westminster of which I would expect to fall to Labour & the Liberals.
    Anyway we will see how it pans out in about 18 months. One thing forsure the Government cannot afford many more slip ups.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't take much notice of UK politics, but when I read post #10 I thought you were talking about an African Republic with those MPs names.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You well be correct there Des.

But no matter, yes all govs at some time end up with scandals and problems.
    No matter how squeaky clean you may consider the Stammer to be it will be some of his most senior ministers in the end, happens so often.

But for those who think a change of gov will improve things I suggest you take a very deep breath.

In USA they attempted to brand Trump as having support from Russia, but now the truth is out, total fabrication by those who wanted him to fail..
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#12, I read and listened to the BBC, plus other articles.
    The BBC placed a great emphasis on the fact the he Marandi was not under investigation, if he was not is purely to cast doubt on th Tories.
    As I said before he is involved in the Wales Charity and no mention of them.
    Vic
    R879855

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Vic , did you read the article in the Evening Standard? Confusing how the BBC is always mentioned as being a bias organisation. There are certainly those amongst us who often say they are.
    Javid Miranda & his companies are under investigation for money laundering the BBC have said.
    A National Crime Agency (NCA) investigation found some of Mr Marandi's overseas interests had played a key role in an elaborate money-laundering scheme involving one of Azerbaijan's richest oligarchs.

Javad Marandi, who has an OBE for business and philanthropy, can be named after losing a 19-month legal battle with the BBC to remain anonymous.

Mr Marandi strongly denies wrongdoing and isn't subject to criminal sanction.Yes ,sorry you are correct Vic.

If he has nothing to hide why fight it in court about wanting to remain anonymous? We will see how squeaky clean he is. He may well come out of this smelling of Rose's

In my original post I mentioned it is strange how a now British business man a former citizen of Iran is getting a rough ride from a paper owned by a family British/Russian who has connections with the KGB, London Evening Standard.

Anyway I don't think anyone is accusing him of handing the Prince & Duchess of Wales suitcases full of cash. If he is I hope they have the integrity of the King when he was Prince of Wales and handed the money over. Was it some Qatari Sheikh? Maybe the money was meant for Pep Guardiola at Manchester City so he could buy a few new players and evade the Financial fair play rules
    Last edited by James Curry; 17th May 2023 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe he wanted his name with held due to adverse publicity.
    Vic
    R879855

14. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vic if it was you or me do you think we would be allowed to remain anonymous?
    I am sure he is a very nice chap, but there will be some dodgy dealings in there somewhere. Thing is he can afford the best lawyers and accountants in the world. Time will tell, it may be pruedent to for him to drop a brown envelope through the letter box at this address. 105 Victoria St, London SW1E 6QT just to cover all the basis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast