Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You are joking mate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default You are joking mate

As a volunteer at the local community center for some19 years now and having to abide by their rules.
    No worries there mate, easy stuff.
    This week is Volunteers week here in Victoria and all 80 of us told to attend a meeting.
    Nothing new there, happens every year, get a meal and told how good we are.

But today, now for something completely different.

Bit of a feed then a three hour lecture, but the subject!!!!
    'How to ensure that all members of the LGBTQI community are felt inclusive and not excluded.

This is a gov directive to all gov establishments including schools, hospitals, and any gov service department.

For this they then get a "Rainbow Tick'.
    No, this is not a multi colored parasite on a dogs coat, but no one can say just what it is.

We must be inclusive was the call of the day.

Then I got the chance to speak and told them,
    Not all disabilities are evident, not all gay people are evident. Unlike some they do not wave flags saying look at me, I am special.
    That comment went down like a lead balloon.
    I then went on to tell them that I had most likely worked with and associated with more of that community than the total 38,000 population of our town.

The look on the presenters face, priceless.
    She then asked me to explain.
    Having told them of the numbers of gay back then on many ships she looked about ready to break a gasket, not what she wanted.
    I was someone who understood while the others, many of late vintage would in her mind not understand, hence the meeting.
    In her opinion such persons would be unaware of the need to be inclusive.

A couple of more points from her and along with myself six others got up and left.

We may well be shot at dawn for doing so, but as they ae short of reliable volunteers I doubt it.

So beware, they will be coming for you soon, and like all minorities will control your lives.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: You are joking mate

#1 Minorities? You must be joking mate.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    Whomever called it a sick society got it right, they now have these LBGQI people in Kindergartens telling the little ones what is what, talk about mind altering tales from Korean Prisoners of war during that conflict.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I certainly hope that you are right John and minorities are going to take over. Then maybe we can get back to normal living because mate. WE ARE THE FECKING MINORITY GROUP NOW. Heard a good example of what those WOKE buggers are. A group of people that have not got the knowledge or belief of their convictions and not able to stand up to honest debate as it could lead to them having to accept the others point of view. Yes our life at sea made us who we are now as we assimilated with all walks of life and it is only since coming ashore that we are having to come to terms with all the anus wipes that make one believe that abortion should have been manditory for a lot of them
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

5. Thanks John Gill, Des Taff Jenkins, Colin Wood thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I read where some kindergartens are asking drama queens to speak with the children and tell them they can if they wish change gender.
    Sick or what?
    But as a doc told me, no matter your born gender when dead the bones will show what it was.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Colin Wood liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hope this Ozzie policeman is a minority

Policeman in Cooma suspended for tasering a 95 year old woman approaching him and a colleauge holding a knife, she was using a zimmer frame at the time!

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would take a bit of time to hear the correct story and not the way it appears it is written. As well as old people the youth of some states are running riot and the way that is reported the police appear to be the villains . The truth is the stupid laws which have been changed to suit the likes of the Woke brigade , and mostly for political reasons is at fault .Life in prison should mean life in prison and not 15 years and 7 years before one can apply for bail. What a travesty of justice we live with. JS
    R575129

11. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Colin Wood thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    I would take a bit of time to hear the correct story and not the way it appears it is written. JS
    Unfortunately John we can only read what is/was written, as few will have a first hand account, it is reported that she suffers from dementia and had been in the kitchen and picked up a knife,( she probably never knew why-my words) she is now in hospital in a critical condition, it just beggars the question why on earth a fit (you would hope) policeman saw fit to taser someone in a zimmer frame regardless of their age. People with dementia respond to kindness not violence, it would have been better if he'd said, 'eh Maggie, you've forgotten the fork, give me the knife and I'll get you a proper set'. Yes we don't know the full circumstances, but a 95 year old in a zimmer frame, hardly threat of the year is it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The reason Minority groups flourish and gain more influence is the Majority cannot be arsed to get involved. So what starts of a snow ball rolling down hill the faster it goes the bigger it gets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There were ambulance people already there Ivan so if she wasn’t contained when the police arrived that should be answered first. There are plenty of strait jackets in a nursing home. On the news here tonight they are up in arms because 2 charge nurses in Perth’s newest hospital had to work 2 x 12 hour shifts and they volunteered to do this . You can bet your bottom dollar tomorrow’s headlines will be Nurses working 24 hour shifts , how many times did you work more than 24 hours , ? It wasn’t uncommon in the North Sea I went 26 hours once snatching to a rig and then 12 hours in fog for the run in to Lerwick. They expected 18 hours at least from the master when the ship was manouvering. Know there is a shortage of nurses walk into any hospital and it’s obvious. The media just amplify any situation and make it worse than it is ,intentionally of course. The officer who fired the taser has been stood down pending an Inquiry., Cheers JS
    At the moment I have not heard or seen that the officer with the taser was male or female JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 19th May 2023 at 10:05 AM.
    R575129

15. Likes Ivan Cloherty, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast