Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Scare tactics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scare tactics

There are some who may consider me to be a Climate denier, no I lookat the information and analyse it. Most comes via the media or govand both have their agenda and only tell us what they want us toknow. Much of which often contradicts what the other says, or theirversion of it.
    The move toelectrification is just another step in man’s technologicaladvancement which I am sure will have many benefits for man.
    But the mad rush toelectrify all without the infrastructure in place is pure madness.
    Encourage people toby an EV with no charging stations on main roads is an example.

But there are alsounintended concequences in all this action.
    In Germany a forestof some magnitude is to be moved to allow a wind farm to beinstalled.
    Trees that absorbCo2 and convert to Oxygen to go!! where the sense in that?

Off shore wind farmswhich cost up to 5 times more than land based ones to build, installand maintain are being built, fine but who pays the cost, yes the enduser, you.

One report by UNsays that the amount of Copper required by 2050 to make the worldZero emissions will be more than man has mined since he began miningCopper.

Then it has beenfound that the land under and surrounding for about half a kilometerof a Solar farm is degradated to such an extent that it is killingoff important microbes in the soil.

Many now say Nuclearpower is the future, not electric from wind and solar, but many sayno, too costly, too dangerous.
    Yet Finland a veryprogressive nation has just commissioned the worlds largest nuclearpower plant.

Electric vehiclesare not new, many of you will recall the battery operated milk cartsof years long gone, but the new version with EV poses many questions.
    Speaking with asalesman for some I made general enquiries considering that maybe Icould be interested. But when he told me the battery would only begood for about 150,000 klm and in many instances could not bereplaced due to construction I thought no more of it.

But if they are sogood then why within 2.5 klm of where I live are three new servosbeing built, none with charging stations!!

None of thisinformation is being promulgated by the media or gov, so littlewonder I consider much of the whole concept of the planet dying to bethe work of those with the most to gain.
    Manufacturers ofsolar and wind, farmers who have the wind farm on their land bringingmore rent that the products they grow, and many others.
    So no, I am not adenier just someone who wants answers to some basic questions.

Indians of NorthAmerica have a saying,
    “when man hastaken it all he will then understand you cannot eat the dollar’.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Ivan Cloherty, vic mcclymont, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    Not really been to london that often apart from travelling from A to B. But did go to a show a lot of years ago. Metup with friends and they had reserved a table at some restaurant. As soon as we sat down and they took the order. As soon as the first dish was placed on the table the waiter placed a thing like an egg timer in centre of the table. What's that for, when that pings you are adding 20% to your bill. This is because we need the table. Paid for the first course and got up and walked out, bugger that for a game of soldiers.
    That's one I've never heard of James, and God knows how many times I've been out for a posh nosh. Must have been some foreign joint. Mind you, I did get nicked once for knocking off the safe in one. Didn't do it of course, long story.

4. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    , I did get nicked once for knocking off the safe in one. Didn't do it of course, long story.
    We have time !

6. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Really john, the guy stuck an egg timer on the table , when that pings 20% is added to your bill. And you are talking about the George cross , ffs! all I was having was Beef Stroganoff. Ah!!! maybe he thought I was a leftie?
    Pull a stroke like that in Liverpool the egg timer would not be on the table long.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Kieran View Post
    That's one I've never heard of James, and God knows how many times I've been out for a posh nosh. Must have been some foreign joint. Mind you, I did get nicked once for knocking off the safe in one. Didn't do it of course, long story.
    Certainly not posh nosh place , it was a glorified Bistro in Earls Court. We were going to a concert in the Queen Elizabeth theater.

- - - Updated - - -

#41, you must have had a few stubbies John when you wrote that Try reading it in the cold light of day!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got to say though James, when you look at all this woke stuff going on today, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if some places did that kind of thing anywhere, for anything. You can get a ticket for driving around looking for somewhere to park these days.

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Johnny it is getting out of hand , not sure how much of this WOKE crap is actually politically motivated. I am more inclined it is just a bunch of assholes with bugger all better to do.
    There is some speculation that some may try and interupt this weeks London Marathon (Just Stop Oil) This is an event that raises over £15million for charities. If they do try and disrupt it I hope they get battered by those watching the event.
    Last week they tried to stop the grand national, race delayed. They should have started the race and those who had super glued themselves to fences , well tough they put themselves knowingly in danger. Same with this a hole who stopped the world snooker championships. He should have been tasered. How could those in the areana know he was not dangerous. Learned nothing from the Manchester arena bombing. You kick off in a public space be prepared for the consequences.

Oh by the way that post about Earls Court was in the early 90's so Woke was not Woken up in them days
    Last edited by James Curry; 21st April 2023 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got it James.
    There was a thing on the telly earlier, about football clubs with old ships on their club emblem. It's been said that they represent slave ships, and the wokeriety are offended. I hate to think what's going to happen about the Golden hind, or the Cutty Sark, let alone the Victory. The people of colour on the programme demanded that white people have no say whatsoever in the debate of slavery, discrimination, or any other race topic.
    I wonder where they would all be today if there had never been slave ships?
    I think this hate crime thing is creating hate, where there was no hate.
    Sorry for being off topic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WOKE to the extreme here in Oz.
    Any one employed in any form of gov business such as the Community Center where I volunteer must go to a compulsory meeting.
    For this the establishment will get a "Rainbow Tick'.
    The meeting, to inform workers and others how to meet, understand, address and greet members of the LGBTIQ society.
    When I told the administrator I had most likely met and worked with more of them than live in the local community she was quite shocked and asked would I like to give a talk on my experiences.
    No thanks.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Strange thing happened the other day.
    I was cleaning the bird bath in the garden, and the hose created a rainbow with the spraying water. I immediately said to my Mrs "it must be a gay bird bath".
    Now, there's nothing wrong with that really, but isn't it a shame that seeing a rainbow should cause such a thought, even in jest. I hope it's not going to happen every time I see a rainbow.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast