Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is gonna be next for the sword

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Who is gonna be next for the sword

queen guitarist knighted,seems name of group got him that,and boris wants his old man knighted

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Who is gonna be next for the sword

At least I would say about 95 % of gongs and such are awarded through the PMs office. Anyone who thinks such Awards come from the sovereign of the country scratching their head and saying now who should I Award today is labouring under a mis-apprehension .How do you think Bliar got his. What annoyed me with his was the Order he got , which was supposed to be reserved for Royalty. So arms must have been twisted . If anyone did not deserve one he was it . There were over a million dissents handed into Parliament before the issue of this award and nothing much said about it, I know because I was one of them , a thing I would rarely do, but in his case I thought it necessary . Just another sign of the signs of failure in the so called freedom of speech. JS

For any person sitting waiting for a letter just before the new year and thinking they deserve to be noticed , and if fail to get they may have to wait another year ... The following is the standard letter if successful they will get for those lucky enough to get , which comes from 10 Downing Street.

IN CONFIDENCE.

Sir,
    The Prime Minister in strict confidence has asked me to inform you in strict confidence , that she has , it in mind , on the occasion of the forthcoming list of New Year Honours to submit your name to the Monarch with a recommendation that his/ her Majesty may be graciously pleased that you be appointed *******/****/.
    Before doing so the PM would be glad to be assured that this would be agreeable to you. I should be grateful if you would let me know by completing the enclosed form and sending it to me by return post.
    If you agree that your name should go forward and his/her Majesty accepts the PMs recommendation, the announcement will be made in the New Years. Honours List. You will receive no further communication before this list is published .

I am , Sir,
    Your obedient Servant.
    Private sec to the PM
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 19th March 2023 at 12:39 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

when you have people dedicated their lives for doing/helping people and yet its people thats made millions mostly get knighthoods the game is not right? next stop house of lords the countries cash cow for the few??? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the title SIR is cheapened by giving people like BLIAR and "pop stars " getting one
    I would refuse one,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#4 There was one time in a newspaper report on his political career where he was accused of selling titles to aliens Brian. His excuse it was for funds to the party’s war chest did not sound right to my ears. JS
    R575129

7. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John are you talking about Tony Blair or Boris Johnson flooging knighthoods for cash for party funds? I am sure Labour have certainly the Conservatives have.

On 1 January, Sir Tony became a member of the Order of the Garter, England's oldest and most senior order of chivalry. The appointment was the personal choice of the Queen, who has up to 24 "knight and lady companions", with current Prime Minister Boris Johnson not involved in the decision.

The whole Gongs system is a load of -ollicks.
    Last edited by James Curry; 19th March 2023 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would definitely refuse a knighthood on principle, because I think it's wrong. Unless of course there's some money in it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    the title SIR is cheapened by giving people like BLIAR and "pop stars " getting one
    I would refuse one,
    I think you’d be in line for a gong Kong- for services to the nhs.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6 I am talking about the personage of Tony Bliar not of politics , I couldnt care less if hes red or blue , port or starboard, his character as far as I am concerned leaves a lot to be desired. Your post only repeats that has already been said in previous posts and the present one. Probably to get the politics into the discussion again. I for one am not getting embroiled in politics which seems to be 2 meat and one veg. to some. The personal choice of the Queen, so suddenly you are an expert on that also, its well seeing you are an avid reader of some editorials. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JS maybe if you do a bit of research on who and why Tony Blair received his Golden Gartar. If you think for one minute that Blair was nominated for the Golden Gartar by a Conservative Government you are well out of touch.

Have you ever met Blair? I have not. I strongly suspect he is a man who sold his so called socailist principles as soon as he got the top job.
    Funny though millions kept on voting him back into power for 10 years.

I cannot stand Boris Johnson but I reckon he would be a good laugh on a night out down at the pub.
    Last edited by James Curry; 19th March 2023 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast