Thread: Rookit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rookit

Hey fellas, was walking near my house other day when loads of rooks and magpies were up a tree making some noise.there was a cat up the tree and birds were squaking mad,they never touched the cat,must admit never saw this before

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rookit

Birds can behave in an odd manner at times.
    Our cat is often up trees looking at birds, the birds just squawk and that is about all.

But we have two Australian Ravens that come to the screen door looking for food, give them scraps of meat and stuff.
    Australian Ravens are slightly bigger than their UK equivalent.

When the food goes down the Asian Minors, of which we have bloody millions of and are considered to be Rats of the sky, come down to see what they can scavenge.

Yesterday one of the Ravens caught one of the other birds by the wing, swung around and then let it go.

Then the Green Parrots and rainbow Lorikeets come and eat all the apples off one of my trees.
    But I do not mind, the colors are something to behold and as man takes away so much of their habitat I think it only fair we try to help them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had to delay some building work , repairs to Limestone out building, needs a concrete header replacing as the old one is cracked. I have that builders friend Acro Jack holding things steady for now. I had removed the old header a couple of months ago. New header arrived last week.
    Problem is Mr&Mrs Robbin have setup home and looks as if they take turns at sitting on the nest. No rush as I love watching them watching me from my kitchen window. I think I have gained their trust as they no longer see me as a threat. Not sure if there are any eggs in the nest yet, bit early really but I am keeping well away as do not want to disturb them. So looks as if my header will sit on the patio for several months maybe to the middle of June.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    I have had to delay some building work , repairs to Limestone out building, needs a concrete header replacing as the old one is cracked. I have that builders friend Acro Jack holding things steady for now. I had removed the old header a couple of months ago. New header arrived last week.
    Problem is Mr&Mrs Robbin have setup home and looks as if they take turns at sitting on the nest. No rush as I love watching them watching me from my kitchen window. I think I have gained their trust as they no longer see me as a threat. Not sure if there are any eggs in the nest yet, bit early really but I am keeping well away as do not want to disturb them. So looks as if my header will sit on the patio for several months maybe to the middle of June.
    Robins always breed very early in the year, no doubt encouraged by the relatively mild weather.

6. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think Mr Robbin is a bit of a player & bigamist!!! There is a nesting box up on a fence and I am sure he is keeping two of the ladies on the sly.