Thread: Isle of Wight

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Isle of Wight

Channel 5 Thursday, documentary al about the Isle of Wight, keep a sharp look out for KT, possibly doing a touch of gardening.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Marian Gray Guest

Default Re: Isle of Wight

Thanks John. Must watch that and hope Keith's denim shorts are in better condition than Des's crotchless ones that he mentioned yesterday

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that, should help the tourist trade here, as long as they don't mention the cost of the ferry over.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Speaking of the Ferry Cost:-

A few years ago for my 64th birthday the kids rented a cottage in the Isle of White (it wasn't to dear).

By the time me and wife had driven down from Scotland and paid the ferry, it cost me considerably more than what the kids had paid for the cottage....

In case there any 'younger' readers around - it was a Beatles' song reference.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The words, Isle of Wight, always remind me of Boston. USA
    we were were on our way through the port and stopped to have a leak by a shed
    The Cops were waiting and in turn we had to put hands on their car and "spread em"
    Geof went first, a Big black cop towered over him and said
    "Where ya from ?", Geof said "The ISLE OF WIGHT". the Cop bashed him over the head, with his stick. and said "Ya trying to be funny wise guy?
    "No , said Geof, "it is Isle of W.I.G.H.T. not white, its in England." he showed his pass to the Cop. "OK." and a BIG lump appeared on Geof`s head.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 1st March 2023 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

no denim shorts for me Marian, i am not a pretty sight, certainly not in shorts anyway. the garden was the only thing kept myself and wife sane during lockdown, watching the birds at the feeders. Have just discovered two young cats visiting the garden and hunting the birds at the feeder. I have just ordered a remote controlled car from Amazon, cheap childs toy really, but i can chase the cats off from about 50 metres, just hoping it keeps them away.i don't want to harm them at all
    R689823

Marian Gray Guest

#6, Have to say Keith, I was very bold in my last post #2, sincerely hope I didn't offend. Yes during covid a garden was extremely important. It meant we could still have a conversation with our nearest elderly neighbour albeit at shouting distance over the garden wall. We had a bubble with our two daughters and two of our grandchildren but we really missed our son and his three children as they were in his wife's family bubble. Anyway have made up for it now. We never had a problem with cats as our dogs were an excellent deterrent
    Last edited by Marian Gray; 1st March 2023 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No offence at all Marion, in the garden the cats also chase away our squirrels, who we feed and enjoy, they are red squirrels, totally different from the greys, one of the few places in England where we don't have greys. must say i am a big kid with that toy tractor chasing them lol.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI Keith
    We had a cat for 19 years was the runt of the litter, but because my wife looked after her so well became one of the family. She never ever chased birds, in fact she chased other cats away from the bird feeder, one day she sat there watching a Hawk eat a small bird it had caught, thought it was telly. Our garden was full of birds, the cat used to sit on a bench looking keeping a watch for any other cats. I don't think there was another like her.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Victoria we have a Cowes, no relation to IOW.
    Place we often sail by but never visited.

I agree, garden during the lock down was one way of staying sane.

We had a 5 klm radius we could travel from home.
    Got a bit of string and drew a circle of the distance.
    Replaced the string with a bit of elastic and found with that you could go a lot further than 5 klm..
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller