Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gorilla glue

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gorilla glue

My animosity towards the media John is based on a lot of misinformation they put out that I know personally know of . Will give 3 at the forefront of my mind without going in to a full length book. 1. The report of women on board a ship which turned out to be Lascar seamen in their sarongs. 2. The stabbing of Captain Hort in Dakar as I was mate at the time I can assure anyone it was not on the High Seas , Low Seas , or the Manchester ship Canal.3.The fanciful story about the Sandhaven and it’s reported closeness to the blazing platform on the epitaph to the early death of its master which Was reported by a member from the Shields Gazette not too long back.One of the reasons why I posted my early account of this disaster was because I knew a lot of what would appear in print would be hogwash and this being a seamans site , they alone should be entitled to the truth.The Sandhavens FRC was lost with two seamen ,but the parent ship was not even in their view let alone close to the loss of life. I knew the master there but not close as a friend but could pick him out of a crowd , think he was about 50 ish when he died in later years .He asked me before being released from his location what did I suggest he do, and I said launch your FRC he can get here quicker than you .Of all the ships in the area his and the workboat off a DS ship were as far as I was concerned the only two who did . It is not my job to decry any ship , but it is not the media’s job to print untrue stories . Their believability as far as I am concerned leaves a lot to be desired. JS of
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd February 2023 at 07:00 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks fella,appreciate what you said,too much narcissists in world,unhappy people just cause more stress to themselves they are in a quandary of loss ,in a swamp of a morass of lonliness,,made my day reading your words,thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well the newspaper industry must be full of them. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd February 2023 at 01:23 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Australian Always Biased Corporation, lovingly known as the ABC has been ordered to offer an apology for comments relating to a meeting in the Alice.
    From all accounts it was so off target that even blind Freddy could have seen what was wrong with the comment.
    Not before time they got a serve about their broadcasts.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Freedom of the press,papers are allowed to lie,papers have no responsibilty to report facts=fact

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only thing worth reading in the paper is the sports page. Oh and the obituaries, always nice to say goodbye even though you never knew them. Nice cup of tea and a few sandwiches/ sausgae rolls. Maybe even a glass of whisky,.Best to check though the name of the dearly departed just incase someone asks how did you know them. If that happens a good ploy is say sorry, I think my wife is trying to attract my attention and move on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Even the sports pages get it wrong, read the report on match you went to and then ask which one was the reporter at.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes Bill Morrison, James Curry liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why is this arsehole allowed to own these UK news papers.

The presses print the Rupert Murdoch-owned News Corp titles including the Sun, the Times, the Sun on Sunday, the Sunday Times, and the Scottish Sun. They also print the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, and the London Evening Standard.

So you have a plonker who turned his back on his back on Australia to become a Plastic US citizen in 1985

11. Thanks Kenneth Kenny thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe that Viscount Rothermere on owns the Dail Mail and the MOS, through his Daily Mail Group.
    The papers are printed by a DMG subsidiary and has nothing to do with Rupert Murdoch.
    R879855

13. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The presses print the Rupert Murdoch-owned News Corp titles including the Sun, the Times, the Sun on Sunday, the Sunday Times, and the Scottish Sun. They also print the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, and the London Evening Standard.
    #19 I stand corrected,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast