Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Australia

Whilst i do really love this new Country that we immigrated to some 40 odd Years back, it is to me getting very complex in the new things that are happening as time marches on.

Now not wanting to make a big issue or anything Political on this, i am just thinking on the Aboriginal issues that are at present going on, and again whilst i am certainly not in any way against them, i ask myself why is it though, that they are given so much leeway now days, and nothing is done about it !

I know that we all have our rights on whatever, but Boy this is getting to be something else now!

What are all the recent protest for, i ask you !
    It was after all Australia Day, normally a very Happy and Joyous Occasion here, and yes the Majority of Folk did just that, have a bleedin good time.

But there in the background, or can i say foreground really, was all these Protesters against Celebrating Australia Day on the 26th of January as it has always been! Why ???? A big why!!

These are to me the Minority groups that just want to cause trouble, as there were so many other Aborignal Artists doing their thing and entertaining the Crowds all over!

So i wonder just where do things go from here, will our Australia Day be changed, called something else, or possibly just swept under the Carpet and forgotten forever! Not Bloody likely says me!! And i guess thousands more too!

So for me its "Keep Australia Day Forever" Its a damn good thing !!
    That my Gripe! LOL

An annual poll by market research company Roy Morgan released this week showed nearly two-thirds of Australians say Jan. 26 should be considered "Australia Day", largely unchanged from a year ago. The rest believe it should be "Invasion Day"

Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra Invasion Day protests 2023 | The Advertiser (adelaidenow.com.au)

What a load of Bull---- i say!!

Things have changed so much since we first arrived here in this then "The Lucky Country" but feel that its not so lucky any longer! But still one of the best to live in i must admit! Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 27th January 2023 at 04:21 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Australia

There are many Aboriginals who have done well for them selves, made a good life for their family and contributed to society.
    There are alos those who are quite happy just sitting on the banks of the Todd sucking on VB stubbies.

Then there ae the few who think the world owes them every thing, claim they were invaded.

In 191 a decision was made by global leaders regarding land ownership.
    If a country was colonized, as is the case here in Oz then the locals have rights.
    If it was invaded, as a number claim then those here have no rights.

So who is better off from colonization or invasion, cannot have it both ways.

But the problem goes very deep caused by media hype.
    Every year they bring it up, only brining more problems and distress for many.

Yesterday some 20,000 became Australian citizens in ceremonies around the nation, if it is so bad here why are we the most multicultural nation on earth, why do so many want to leave where they are for a better life?

Have those who want land rights, claim invasion ever stop to think what conditions may be like if it had been some other nation that took the country over.
    Maybe like the Spanish in the 1600 when they took over the Canary islands, or maybe if the French or Russians had come?
    The problem there is that history of any kind is no longer taught at school.

The day has passed and life goes back to normal, until next year!!

But beware, the referendum on the 'Voice' is coming, if passed what will the gov use it for??
    Like many I fear no good will come from it for the majority, our democracy is in jeopardy from the minority who shot the loudest.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me is the use of the word 'Indigenous' to describe the Aboriginals.
    Check the Collins English Dictionary and you will see that word describes 'any one born in or native to a country'
    So the majority of Australians are indigenous.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 27th January 2023 at 05:48 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oz seems to have come a long way since the year 191.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3. And that was BC John JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't see the Voice getting up in a referendum, as it stands the aboriginal population is now being stacked by people with a 1% aboriginal blood count, good for perks. I doubt more than a quarter of their population are educated enough to now what is going on, which makes it OK for the groups who get the money from the Govt to run Aboriginal Communities, A prime example is what is happening in Alice Springs, they lifted the blockade on the selling of booze there, and had to rush in extra police as the Aboriginals went berserk, trashing shops beating people up, kids as young as seven drunk as skunks. This was the same as what used to happen in West Aus when a politician wanted the Aboriginal to vote or not to vote, they sent in loads of illegal booze. Very few Aboriginals can handle booze so it was used as a tool.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Gill View Post
    Oz seems to have come a long way since the year 191.

Should be 1917
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back in about 1986 we took a drive up North ending up in the Alice via the Rock and Coober Pedy.

In Coober Pedy I asked a local what language the Abbos spoke ?
    Depends on the day he replied, but if it is pension day then it is usually a mix of Fosters and four X.

Get to the Alice and find a motel.

New owner who asks are you sure you want to stay here?

Yes mate, what's the problem?

Well that building opposite is a refuge, at 1800 hours the women and kids are locked in there for the night.
    Then later the men will lie on the side walk sucking on stubbies all night.

Sure enough, we got back late and there they were about a dozen or so of them, stayed until about sunrise then move off.
    So nothing new there, it has all been going on since cocky was in the egg.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2 I am all for the europhobia of 20000 new citizens and for 187 different nationality’s joining the Ozzie fan club. But one question what happened to the rules and regulations of a few years ago of new Australians being able to speak the now Kings English.I have already noticed this on changing doctors going from one with a smattering of English to one with a less smattering who accused me of not having my hearing aids in to be able to understand her. previous to this have seen people from Yorkshire fail the language test for immigration into Australia . Is this still in force ? or are we now going to be deluged with every waif and stray and doesn’t matter about communication between people of different language never mind religions and their own way of life ???? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 28th January 2023 at 01:11 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Back in about 1986 we took a drive up North ending up in the Alice via the Rock and Coober Pedy.

So nothing new there, it has all been going on since cocky was in the egg.
    May have been going on for Yonks John mate, but as things now stand it is far far worse then ever before!
    I can forsee possibly in the distant future that somewhere along the line, this Country may well go the way South Africa went when the Non White took over in Parliment and the likes! And although that was a big change for all there , it did in one way fix a lot of things, but then the Non Whites there are far from the same as the Aboriginal here!
    Can you imagine what would happen if they did take over n Parliment and most other things! Gosh! i certainly for one would not like to live here any longer! There would be Grog meetings in the Chambers , Drunks all over the place and no Law and order whatsoever!

Here comes "The Voice" Beware!!!!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 29th January 2023 at 04:22 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is so much crap going around concerning the Voice and can see from the trend of these posts that most are against it. Can see Verns version but can not help but think that the SA non whites had been battling a lot longer than our lot before being accepted as people. Sure there are misfits within but so are there in the whites (as we seem to refer to ourselves). Think it all started with Turnbal declaring that it would create a third chamber which was nothing but a lie but it took a long time to dispel that lie and some still believe it. I will be voting Yes for it simply because it is about time they where given a voice to sort out the bloody mess that they find themselves in. Are we so blind as to not see that. All they are asking is for the voice to go to the people to accept it and put in the constitution so that future governments can not change it which is what the lib want to happen and I do not trust the alp from doing it in the future. Sure there are going to be problems with it but with every movement going forward we have had to iron out problems and still are.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

12. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon, James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast