Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Australia

John, it was not just the Catholic church or Anglican church that removed children. Places like Barnardos homes transported children to all corners of the colonies, Australia, Rhodesia, South Africa, New Zealand and Canada. I think it was in the 1970's the UK government stopped the practice. The real sad thing was brothers and sisters were split up and sent to different countries.
    We have a programme that pops up on TV now and then and they try and reunite siblings again. Often the baby of the family never even knew they had brothers or sisters. To see these people being reunited certainly tugs at the heart strings. A lot of these siblings are now in there 70's. Bloody disgusting thhe things that went on years ago. Thankfully a lot of those children made good in there new adopted country but sadly a lot were badly treated and used as child labour and abused.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes that went on for along time.
    There was some years back a push here to find relis who were sent here and split up.
    Sisters and brothers who met after any thing up to 50 years later.

The acts of the church, various institutions and various govs have a lot to answer for.

There was after WW2 agreements between govs of a number of countries including Oz to have young children sent in an effort to repopulate the countries.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks James Curry, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The concept of the Aboriginals having a voice sounds good in practice but as is always the case with such concepts every time there is a change of gov so the rules change.

My understanding is that is why it is going to a referedum to enshrine it in the constitution just so that future governments can not fiddle with it like they would if it just went through both houses like the LNP/NP would like so that they could water it down.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While i was not going to add anymore, thought just a last one and that will be it!

While all this Voice thing may be well and good, and i may be totally incorrect , time will tell, my thoughts and visions of the past tell me that , in Australia if Voted Yes! to be implimented , this will only fuel things here and that the Voice will in fact act as a Division between the Peoples of this Country. It will be used in such a way by the People who want it as a sort of 'Now we have the Power" Lets use it!

As said my thoughts may just be of non concern, But???
    This ends my Postings on this issue .
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With the Voice being in the news of late, and no doubt you will get to hear about it in Uk, this may shed some light on the situation here.

For those of you not familiar with Australia and the Aboriginalsituation all you know is what the media feed you with, very oftenfar from the truth.
    Having spent morethan 40 years travelling around the country I have seen them in manysituations.
    From Melbourne tothe Alice, Sydney to Coober Pedy, Broome to Brisbane and there arefrom my observations four types of them.

There are those, inmany ways no different to people of western culture, willing to siton the banks of the Todd sucking on stubbies all day and living ongovernment handouts.

Then those whocontinue in a cultural life style but work, often as Jackaroos oncattle stations, or farm workers, even as miners in the Goober Speedyopal mines.

Then those who havechosen to adapt to the western life style, left the bush and don ewell for them selves. Become politicians, doctors, lawyers,engineers, media personalities and other occupations.
    Fitted in with local communities and become part of the local region.

Then there are the ‘look alike s’ the ones often at the head of the march and demonstration claiming their land was stolen from them.

Looking as white as any from the west, they have at some time been told of events way back in their family history, often more like Chinese whispers.
    Way back in may be the early 1800’s an Aboriginal man had a root with a white Shelia a kid born.
    Over time that one had moved away from the Aboriginal life.
    But somewhere down the line maybe doing the family tree research it come to life their background.
    They then claim aboriginal heritage.

But it does not end there.
    They can go to the Missing Link, our Social Services, and fill in a form and on there as is the case with many now from all sources the words, ‘are you Aboriginal or Torres Straight islander?
    But payment to them reduces the total in the money pool, so some genuine cases many not get all they should.
    Tick the box and you will get all the benefits, and you do not have to prove you are one.
    Years ago there was TV program, “pick a box’ pick the right one and win a prize, but now with Tick a box all are winners.
    But for a migrant who wishes to take out citizen ship all manner of hoops must be gone through first.

We had in the local men’s shed some years ago an Aboriginal man, now sadly gone Big C got him, he had been a teacher in the state school system and wasropeable about what he called the ‘Wanabee make believe Aboriginals’.
    They give the real ones a bad name he always told us.
    Claim the land was stolen from them, but they should consider they were lucky it was the British and not some other nation, could have been a lot harder fort them.
    But the land he told us is for all, we do not own it, rather it owns us and we are only custodians for the next generation.

There may be some who will no agree with this article, their right but this is how I, and many more see it.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 7th February 2023 at 05:31 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Posted on the net today.
    M
    oreAustralians are falsely claiming to be Aboriginal to cash in onbenefits, according to several prominent Indigenous figures and anamateur historian.

Amateurhistorian Roger Karge told SkyNews therewas a lot of 'fakery' with politicians and senior professors amongthe group pretending to be Aboriginal.

Hiscomment adds to previous complaints made by the Aboriginal communitywho spoke up about the fake claims last year and labelled the posersas 'box tickers'. Many'box-tickers' are motivated by the promise of indigenous-specificscholarships and monetary benefits, as well as reserved jobs withlarge salaries.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John , trying to read as well as translate your last 2 posts #35&36 looks as if it is not just the Aborigines/native Australians who have been chugging on a few Stubbies.
    I can honestly put my hand and say I am guilty of posting similar tish after having had a few night caps.
    You mention the media as at times printing far from the truth, them you quote Sky News

The worlds population is a melting pot. Asians marry into White society and vice versa same as Whites marry into Negro society. In a lot of European countries /UK/USA the whites & other groups have got good Tan complexions. One day we will all be the same.

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, reminds of the song "Melting Pot" by Blue Mink.
    Song was banned in South Africa.
    Vic
    R879855

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, not living here you are in no position to pass comment.
    So what makes you think it is a load of tish????

As to the bit from Sky news, that originated from a politician in Canberra.
    There is a push to reduce the amount being handed out.

As to the latest bit, a NSW poli claims to be an Aboriginal.
    But a full research by a gov body shows he has no connection what so ever to them.

If you ever get here I suggest you go bush and take a look for your self, then you may be in a position to comment.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 8th February 2023 at 05:37 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John in Oz, i think that the number of comments you yourself make on us here in UK,it is a bit rich to make this statement, may i remind you, you may have relatives here, but you are not living here also !!!

James, not living here you are in no position to pass comment
    R689823

19. Thanks James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast