Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Australia

Les.
    I will be voting for the Voice as I have been through similar being born in Wales, my post pointed out why I think people would be against it.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While i also see the good side possibly to the vote Yes on the Voice, it is something that a lot dont understand concerning the Aboriginal (Indeginous People) and that is for some reason the Majority will unfortunately only use it for their own means to cause more troubles and protests, this has happened with many of the Non Whites all over the World, not only here and South Africa, its a thing bred in them and cannot be altered. The few that have got the knowledge are as said just the few, and not near enough to implement what is the right thing!
    But here i stand and hope , really hope that all this will possibly become something good for the Country, as i said i do foresee a lot of Troubles ahead, ironing out the differences in this Country will take many many Years, and as said by Les, look how long it took in South Africa! ??????
    This will be my last post on this issue!
    Thank You
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know next to nothing about Australian politics, so am not qualified to comment on any aspect, but perhaps a lot boils down to how things are reported in the media and is common to all media.

Case in point we have had two recent incidents in the USA where-in people arrested have been beaten to death by police officers.

First incident read 'Black man beaten to death by White officers' (followed by riots)

Second incident read 'Black man beaten to death by police officers' (no mention made that all five police officers were Black officers, so far no riots)

Just an observation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And not a sound from the BLM movement. Just another observation.
    Last edited by Johnny Kieran; 29th January 2023 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watching that attack on that young bloke was horrendous, much more vicious that the previous Bended knee. Now for some years we were told not to use the word Black when referring to a black person, but suddenly it seems OK for the Black people to use it, to say that I am confused is putting it mildly.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What about the many souls that committed suicide here in Oz caused by a corrupt government policy that lasted for nearly nine years of their tenure. Of course I am talking about the robodebt that is currently under a royal commission. I bring this up as no one has the moral stance of humanity when it comes to power and money but mainly power and lets face it we have not treated the indigenous people well over the years and good on them for finally getting a set and using them. Here is Oz we are not racists as we too stand back while whites are being killed albet through suicide by an elected government. That old saying about throwing stones is very true.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From figures I have seen about 70% of the Aboriginal population have done well for themselves.
    Got jobs, raised a family and got on with life.

Then there the few who will never do any good, no different to any other society, and who are involved in all the protests.
    But behind them are a group of whites who would be happy to see any gov of the day beaten down, they are far more of a problem.

There have always been such groups who hide behind and use others in an effort to get what they want.

The other problem is the schools.
    You may recall that in our days we had history lessons, it gave us some insight to the past and we learned about good and bad events.
    History is no longer taught so the younger generation rely on stories from others, article son social none of which may be true but push it out enough and in time some will believe it.

Australia is by international standards a young nation, it will take many generations before any solution is found to all these problems.

But then look around the globe, countries that have been established far longer still with problems, USA, UK, Russia, North Korea to name a few.
    Mans inherent greed is much of the worlds problems today.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Read about how the Aboriginal people were treated down the years since the land was colinised. They were not treated kindly.

Gradually diseases like smallpox and unauthorised massacres began wiping out the population. By the 1830s, the murder of Aboriginal people by British colonial stockmen, settlers and convicts was generally accepted, despite laws against it. The violence was so bad, a police magistrate at the time even described it as “a war of extermination”.

https://www.news.com.au/national/pol...9315664eda132c

#17 History is no longer taught? that may be the case in Australia but certainly not the case in the UK.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James, all that is written is not always the truth.
    Much is written by those with an axe to grind.
    Most were treated well, some not so well but as with any new persons arriving at that time there was conflict.

More has been done for them over the years than many understand. but there are those who would decry all that is done for them by the fw who still hold a trudge with no real understanding.

To what level is history taught in Uk now?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ammes-of-study. here you go you read it.

John do not kid yourself that the Aborigines were or are well looked after,perhaps things may have improved for them now. They have been treated just the same as Native American Indians. Ask John Wayne, Only good Indian is a dead Indian

Do you honestly believe that Empires be they British, Spanish or French were built on love care and understanding?

https://www.amnesty.org.au/eight-fac...20tuberculosis.
    Last edited by James Curry; 31st January 2023 at 01:59 PM.

16. Thanks Doc Vernon, Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast