Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rocket man laws

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Rocket man laws

We have all heard of the dictator of North Korea and his mad play with rockets while keeping the people poor.

On the net Monday a very disturbing story of crime and punishment there.

Two young lads one 17 the other only 15 had been selling memory sticks with Western movie son them in a local market.
    Under the law of the land a most terrible crime.

They were taken to the main street of the town where they lived and the locals al made to line up along the side walk.
    They were tried there on the street and found guilty.

Without being moved from that spot they were shot dead by firing squad.

While in Iran two weeks ago a young lady was beheaded for refusing to wear the head scarf.

We only know half of how these countries operate when it comes to law and order,
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 8th December 2022 at 06:00 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rocket man laws

And we wonder why people want to flock to the west!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aye, and you wonder why so many of our T. U. Leaders support communism.
    Vic
    R879855

4. Likes John Arton, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh dear the standard CONservative answer. After 12 years of Tory neglect to public services is it any wonder the Unions are pis-ed off.
    Why do you assume that all trade unionists are communist?

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    We have all heard of the dictator of North Korea and his mad play with rockets while keeping the people poor.

On the net Monday a very disturbing story of crime and punishment there.

Two young lads one 17 the other only 15 had been selling memory sticks with Western movie son them in a local market.
    Under the law of the land a most terrible crime.

They were taken to the main street of the town where they lived and the locals al made to line up along the side walk.
    They were tried there on the street and found guilty.

Without being moved from that spot they were shot dead by firing squad.

While in Iran two weeks ago a young lady was beheaded for refusing to wear the head scarf.

We only know half of how these countries operate when it comes to law and order,
    John,
    John, I visited Iran about 4 times between 09 and 11. I don't think the political/religious climate was as tense then, but the people I was dealing with were not happy at all with the mullahs ruling the country. However, the only place they would talk openly was in a car (not a taxi). There was secret police and government informers everywhere, as well as the religious police.
    Our company agent there had a daughter (early 20s) who sometimes picked me up from my hotel, and on several occasions was accused of soliciting by religious police posing as hotel staff, while she was waiting for me to come down to the foyer.
    The same girl was assisting me on an exhibition stand for three days and every day was warned by these ars-holes to stop smiling at the men. I could go on and give you more examples, for instance going to a birthday party where I was the only one not p-ssed on smuggled vodka because I had to travel back to my hotel.
    My last visit was on an emergency visa for 72 hours and was warned very severely not to infringe the visa. I made it through passport control with 5 minutes to spare due to the inefficiency and lackadaisical attitude of the airport staff, who were not interested really in doing their job. Do not get me wrong, I met many very friendly, hard working and generous people while there and still communicate occasionally with one but I choose my words carefully.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Because many of them state that the have communist leanings.
    R879855

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So having communist leanings makes you a communist. Being a member of the Conservative party does not make you a raving right wing nutter like a lot of that party has become.
    Thank god the tories will be voted out of power in a year or so and will be out of power for many years to come. One can only hope the party can out the radical right from the tory party.

A 3 year old article

Brexiteer "entryists" have turned the Conservative Party in an "extreme right-wing faction", according to Philip Hammond.

The former Chancellor also claimed that Boris Johnson may have broken the law by preventing him and 20 other Tory MPs who backed moves to block a no-deal Brexit from standing as candidates at the next election.

At least the Labour party would have appeared to get Corbyn and his radicals(not communists)back in the box.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A change of gov may not do all you claim.
    Many will listen to the Labor party and their rhetoric but be very saddened when it does not come to fruition.
    Heer our Labor party went to the erection with so many promises, they are very quickly coming to understand many will never be done.
    It is the electorate that is the problem not govs.
    So many listen to the crap they punch out prior to poling day in the belief that things will change.

There is a very true statement, the people get the gov they deserve.

They deserve because they trust what is said without looking any further.

An example
    here.
    The Labor gov told the electorate they would make sure there was a nurse on duty 24/7 in every aged care facility across the nation.
    To do so would require about 6 or seven per establishment.
    We have 2762 such places here, we are short of nurses in hospitals so where do we get the additional ones from?
    But many said what a great idea!!

A classic case of not doing your homework.

Then we come to the constraints of treasury who control much of what is done.

So cheer your chosen party on by all means but do not be shocked if they do not do what they say.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#8 John we all know politicians promise you the earth and frequently fail to deliver
    But the UK cannot be mis governed by these bunch of right wing tories any longer. Yeds perhaps Labour will not improve things but certainly not make things any worse.
    Latest Tory move is to ease restrictions on the banking sector.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt is to announce reforms to the banking sector, including scrapping ring-fencing, introduced in the wake of the financial crisis

Now why is he doing that?
    Because the City of London financial centre is losing jobs to the EU, another result from a ballsed up Brexit deal.
    Setting the stall out for another 2008 banking crash yet again.
    The current Government seems to have set a course in a race to the bottom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Take time to read the proposals.
    The UK is removing EU laws.
    With the restrictions removed funds will be freed up for development in areas of the UK.
    Funds will be protected.
    R879855

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast