Thread: The latest

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The latest

Found this on the net, makes for interesting reading and makes you wonder who is behind all the climate fear,

Oil and gas companies are planning a “frightening” expansion that would result in 115bn tonnes of climate-heating CO2 being pumped out, equivalent to more than 24 years of US emissions, a new analysis has found.
    Virtually all oil and gas companies are planning further exploitation of fossil fuels, the report found, pouring $160bn dollars into exploration since 2020. None of this investment is compatible with the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) route to reaching net zero emissions by 2050 and limiting the climate crisis, the report said.

Top 10 Home Loan Rates For 2022Ad
    Finder

It was released at the Cop27 climate summit in Egypt, where leaders have been warned that deep and rapid cuts to carbon emissions are needed to avoid climate catastrophe. But the analysis found that 655 of 685 (96%) of exploration and production companies have expansion plans, which have increased by 20% since 2021.
    The IEA said in 2021 that no new fossil fuel projects could go ahead from 2022 if the world is to tackle global heating and its worsening impacts on billions of people. The analysis, by German NGO Urgewald and 50 NGO partners, also found expansion plans for the export of liquefied gas around the world would more than double under current plans.
    This would lead to emissions equivalent to the current annual emissions of the African continent.
    Russia’s war in Ukraine and the continuing recovery from the Covid pandemic has sent energy prices soaring this year, prompting some countries and companies to increase their exploration. However, several major studies have shown that the vast majority of existing fossil fuel reserves must remain underground to avoid climate breakdown. Many observers argue that getting off fossil fuels, through cheap renewables and efficiency, is the fast and permanent solution to high energy prices.

[COLOR=white !important]

[/COLOR]

JS

Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 11th November 2022 at 05:56 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The latest

Johnno.

Our public transportation (US) outside of a few major cities mainly in the N.E. (New York etc.) are abysmal or nonexciting, therefore a car is a necessity of life here. I drive a Toyota Corolla, six speed stick shift (manual transmission). I get on average 40 miles to the US gallon, which is smaller than the Imperial gallon. In fairness I don't drive a stick out of choice, my late wife did the driving, I hate it and prefer being chauffer driven, but those days are gone. She always drove a stick and an economical car. If it was an automatic gearbox I would still get about 35 miles to the US gallon (reg. gas).

It makes me want to gag when I hear some pollie on the TV tout about doing your bit to save the environment and climbing into a gas guzzler.

Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The latest

Rodders, similar here with polis of all levels being driven all about.
    So much talk about EV cars and Hydrogen trucks but the numbers required are mind boggling.
    The number on this planet has just ticked over to 8 billion.
    That suggests there may well be close to 6 billion vehicles of various sorts.

To replace that number with EV and Hydrogen will take many years I suggest.
    Then there will be the problem of producing enough power for all those batteries.
    Then the need for so many charging stations.

There is so much talk from our Greens of 'Greenwashing' and maybe that is the case.
    A case of do as i do, not as I say, or is it the other way around??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post