Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest rates

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Interest rates

I was wise Cappy I bought Gwen’s wedding and engagement ring in platinum. JS
    Are they doubling the guard on the Houses of Parliament , tomorrow, and have you bought your sparklers for Guy Fawkes night ? JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th November 2022 at 09:27 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John dont bother with guy fawkes night ....roasted on the front frozen on the back ......as for pats jewelry.......its slowly going to the grandkids ...mind the cost of insurance is ridicoulos....never wears it much anyway ......nice when we bought those things .....but dont mean much now ....just happy memories......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watched a prog on tele last night ....on trains in singapore.....the trains are fully programmed to do a journey by computer... stop start .....i know not weather a gaurd was aboard or not....the train was set to go on its schdule by itself stopping.and starting......we have had a massive rail strike in this country that is only hitting two areas.......people going about there businnes and creating wealth .....and causing endless stress on workers of all brackets......i belive there is one booking ticket office fully manned and is selling less than a ticket per hour.....i saw singapore many years ago when it was coolie land i see now a vibrant country ...clean and law abiding ..the trains run on time ....one of the saddest scenes i ever saw while travelling as a sales man .....many years after my MN days... was four or five guys standing outside camel lairds ....round a fire in mid winter with a camel cutout in cardboard stating.... DEAD CAMEL FOR SALE ...IF IT WASNT SO SAD IWOULD HAVE LAUGHED FFS.....R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #19
    good morning, i remember that time and not having anything except for what stood up in and earned it was not a challange to me, but you and cappy have hit the nail on the head about the gold standard, and the total lack of foresight by the labour goverment under blair and browns leadership.ie the pension scandal that is about to unfold, and to top it all was to sell off the gold reserves for buttons, Sadly we are now in a worse position with the ( quantative easing or printing the money ) without boring you to death, The system ie the people with the money want to write down the amount of debt or the amount spent throughout the 2008/2009 bank crash and the 2020/2021 pandemic, that is a fancy way of rubbing out the amount of cash the banks and money houses have had free from the goverments involved, and as you stated it will be joe bloggs that gets the first kick in the nuts, and as this time around i do hold a couple of groats in a money belt i am tempted to purchase gold as a easy compromise for quick cash in the future, as every other avenue will be blocked, i presume cappy has all ready moved on to the bullion markets being as shrewed as he is, but tell him its not good trying to hide up the donkeys ****, as it will need to take **** now and again.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy has most of his spare Gold in his teeth have you not noticed the way they sparkle . Even his bullet proof vest is lined with gold and not lead. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourne #25
    good morning, ive actually got a cast iron figure of a black-man in the dentist chair having his gold tooth pulled out, ( obviously because of todays hypocritical woke agenda ) its completely not acceptable to own and you couldnt sell it for love or money, but its actually how in the days gone-bye people carried their wealth around safely, on second thoughts i may try to sell it in the future as a historical figure casting in iron of a black-man being robbed of his teeth by a white imperialist slave owner, it could make a lot of money with these BLM, i will ask cappy does he want a half share in it, price to be agreed,
    tom

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy #23
    good morning,whilst this country had its political balance there could be order , But the conservatives have become more like Blairs left wing than their partners in crime the labour party and it is the labour party marxist left wing including every activist that has been hitting the streets for the last eighteen months on any pretence with a sole object of bringing down the conservative goverment as only anarchy suits a marxist agenda, ie destroy and rebuild.
    tom

9. Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#26 Well they couldn’t do that to me as I’ve got no teeth. Just shows how poor I am. Haven’t got a gold earring in either to bury me Or a tattoo to identify my body. If I do not die in bed someone’s going to have a helluva job . Maybe get it all free as the unknown Pacifist . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th November 2022 at 12:09 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #28
    good morning, well if you have no money or teeth the alternative in days of old was a pair carved from wood,
    mind you they would have be left at home on bonfire night,
    tom

12. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Denis O'Shea, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello John Sabourn # 14
    I trained as a teacher and gave up when the 3 children came along until they were all in Secondary School. The Sewing machine took a pounding as I made all my clothes as well as for the girls.
    There is a big difference between WANT and NEED. Some folk haven't worked that one out, yet.
    Brenda

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast