Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nhs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nhs

I had to go my doctors surgery last Friday for a non medical issue. Basically I had received a text with a line so I could get order my repeat prescriptions online. I have been getting them that way for several years now, but they have Updated the records and systems.

Anyway while there I asked when I was due my Covid & Flu boosters, I am nearly 74. She says do you want to have it now? So why not. While I was getting the jabs nurse each side of me 1,2,3 jabbed each arm done. I mentioned my wife was in the car any change of her getting done. Go get her 1,2,3 done. I asked the nurse how come we got seen to right away , no appointments. She said people who have booked an appointmentso far today 10 have been no shows. If the vaccine is not used it has to be destroyed.
    Bloody digusting anyone who fails to show for their appointment should have to pay a fine unless they have a dam good reason for not turning up.

Just mention that the planned increase in the National insurance contributions , which the chancellor cancelled in his recent budget was to help fund the NHS, just saying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10 Think there are discrepancy’s somewhere between the two Vernon . I am at moment aware of two friends a married elderly couple who were married 3 years ago for convenience as one was the carer of the other. One is now blind and the other incapacitated with a bad back . The blind one needs full time supervision costing over $3000 a month , because it is means tested the husband has to pay the full amount which will vastly reduce his savings in the interim. The only way out for him is divorce and the wheels are in motion. To set this in action. if you have money of any description in Australia , luxury of what is considered out of the way medical treatment is not free unless you are on the bones of your ass. Which I assume most illegal immigrants paper wise are . JS
    R575129

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes JS Aware of that mate, but it seems to me that many (and i am not saying People must not have Money etc) but if your means test comes up as you are not entitled to get any assistance etc, then i feel that is a good thing, so many People here always complain that they are bad off with one thing or another, mate i have seen People like this all the time, they have Flash Cars, Money in the Bank, Lovely Houses, Play Entertaining Sports nearly every day and the likes!
    I feel sorry for the Person you talk of for sure, but if he cannot get help from the Government, then that means he must have quite a good stash!

If one looks at the Ammount you can have before the Pension is cut, to me its quite enough to get on with.

Like us we are not rich by a long shot, but although got our House, Car and some Money in the Bank, and Super, we still Qualify for a Part Pension at this time, as the Wife still works, that too is good as she brings in a good salary!

So again i feel that all those that complain over not getting help ,but have enough and more should hide their heads in shame ! Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

5. Thanks j.sabourn, James Curry thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy.
    Your NHS has what I would call the Aussie disease, Our system was great until we started to be swamped by boat people, which we were stopped and were criticized for by the UN, now they come in by the plane load.
    A small anecdote. My wife worked as a ward clerk in a large hospital, an immigrant was brought in to stabilise her diabetes, while she was there her many family members were bringing in boxes of chocolates, the cupboard by her bed was chock o block with them, my wife tried telling them, but all they did was shrug their shoulders. We have the same thing here, adds with so many languages on it's crazy, I once asked a Dr why Welsh wasn't included, he didn't know the Welsh had their own. LoL
    Des
    I remember even when I lived there they used to come from Canada and even Malta to have their babies.
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 7th October 2022 at 12:23 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pregnant women even used to come in from the States to have their babies Des , the NUS as far as I am concerned is for those who contributed into it. Anybody who allowed others to utilise was a traitor to his own country and welfare of his or hers own people. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For NUS read NHS this spell checker wants to say other things . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, my neighbor, now moved, worked for immigration.
    He told me that on an average day some 500 prospective illegals landed at either Melbourne or Sydney airports,
    Within 24 hours 99% were sent back as what they were, illegals.

One major problem in the west in the lack of general medical staff of all types, the younger generation are not interested in a career in such now.

But now just about any bit of communication from any Gov department is in about 20 languages.
    But if you phone you need to be able to speak Pilipino as that appears to be the major language of all at the other end of nay phone now.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the number does not match the name then the exercise has succeeded, and you are speaking to a stolen identity JS
    Once again this has appeared in the wrong post should be in the post about discharge numbers in reply to John in Ozs post , soreeee. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th October 2022 at 06:23 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13 . They are not wealthy Vernon and previous had lived under the same roof , on wanting to live in smaller and manageable quarters they married for convenience only , they were already related by marriage as she was his bothers widow and he was left to look after her. So for appearances sake they were married and kept their own wealth as also had two different families . He admits it was a mistake. This is not a couple who have been wed for 60 years and what wealth they have is combined. The only answer is to get divorced as the money they have will not be enough for two in a nursing home. Very sad really and sends out the wrong message about elderly people getting married. He far from being selfish is doing the practicable right thing to get the right conclusion and living off his own means which he has worked for all his life. The law is not equal as people think but is too far to the left for the bums and stiffs of this world. JS
    Another disparity going slightly off course is the Australian tax system compared with the UK of what I remember.
    A married man in UK was allowed a marriage allowance on his earnings on the amount he paid tax . Not so out here , a man and his wife were taxed as two entities , I was paying tax up until last year and I’ve been retired on a small pension for 20 years. If as they do when estimating your combined monies for the likes of medical services just described , and added both the wife’s and my individual pensions and divided by two , then for the past 20 years I would of paid no tax. When it comes to sitting down and thinking about who to vote for ,consideration should be giving to the bigger picture which most people don’t see , they can only moan and do nothing about it. Instead of voting for the people you consider to be most competent , and give them time to prove it , if they don’t then chuck them out. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 7th October 2022 at 06:48 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never met a Filipino who could not speak english.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast