Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Nhs

SOME 10 DAYS Ago i recieved a letter telling me i was due a booster ante virus covid injection from my local surgery......i applied to a local community centre and recieved a date from for tuesday this week ...which i was duly vaccinated .......this morning i got another letter to inform me this from the NHS that i was due a vaccination ......the letter carries two pages stating in foriegn languages how to apply for the injection .....surely any persons coming to live in our country should be able to speak and read english .....pleased ive had it but the cost of getting an interpreter and a phone number given for this must be astronomical R683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nhs

Still waiting to hear from the Doctors surgery but have received the same letter as your second NhS letter cappy, there is 29 different languages on that form,
    there are so mome 30,000 arrivals so far this year, {If what I read is correct}, that's just the channel crossing but they arrive by other means as well, many have to use
    interpreters to claim whatever they can grab,some are genuine, others are are here get an easy life on benefits, they are a drain on our resources, just my view. Cheers JFC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john f collier View Post
    still waiting to hear from the doctors surgery but have received the same letter as your second nhs letter cappy, there is 29 different languages on that form,
    there are so mome 30,000 arrivals so far this year, {if what i read is correct}, that's just the channel crossing but they arrive by other means as well, many have to use
    interpreters to claim whatever they can grab,some are genuine, others are are here get an easy life on benefits, they are a drain on our resources, just my view. Cheers jfc.
    the nhs is a wonderful organisation probably the best in peoples health in the world ... But it is now a political and financial bottomless pit....used by all parties with the slogan our nhs ......well we do pay billions in it so our nhs is a suitable name....but if it was a businnes as such it would be bankrupt daily ....i wonder what the average cost is per person working in it is and is it still the biggest employer in the country ...the mind bogglesbut then what do i know....r683532

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, there are many members on this site alone that would praise the NHS, I have much to thank them for, the NHS is now under unprecedented pressure as people live to
    a greater age nowadays, also the huge number of people entering the UK, many of them requiring health treatment having never paid a penny for the care they take for granted.
    Mum told me many years ago, that before the NHS was established in 1948, private doctors were so costly that people had to sell items of their homes to pay for treatment, that
    would have been a huge burden in those post war days of austerity, Aneurin Bevan was the labour mp responsible for the setting up of the NHS. Cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy if you type the question of how much does the NHS spend on interpreters in to Google, you will see a report that says it is £60000 A DAY , thats not a typo, I have read other reports with the same sort of figure. I am on a new laptop, and have not figured how to paste the report yet.
    R689823

6. Thanks John F Collier, cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And that is before they even start with anything else Keith, their needs are endless, it sickens me that they are allowed to keep pouring in to the UK, cheers. JFC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's not only the NHS that require interpreters, it's the Court system as well.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a wonderful experience re. interpreters, or rather the need for one. Some years ago, I went to visit my wife's mother in Queens hospital Romford. I didn't know it very well as it was fairly new at the time, so stopped an official looking person with a radio looking thing, the way to her ward. He answered me in a language I didn't recognise, but could say one word "interpreter". I told him I was English, but to no avail. I moved on to someone else, to find out that the first chap was the "interpreter", and he offers a phone, linked to a multitude of languages for people to speak into. It was strange that he couldn't advise people how to proceed. I did find someone that spoke English eventually.
    For those that don't know, Romford is in Greater London in England.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see on tonights news that the nurses union are urging them to take strike action, I really feel sorry for the nurses, most of them are dedicated to their patients care, the
    thought of striking puts them in a horrible position, a sort of psychological and emotional blackmail, a real dilemma asthey are torn between their consience and their own
    needs, they are being hit by all these price rises like everyone, they should be better rewarded without the need for strike action. cheers.

11. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cappy
    Sounds like the NHS there is very similar to our Medicare here, really a good thing, dont know if its exactly the same but very close i would say!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast