Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Nhs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nhs

Knowing our luck Des it will probably be the Ace of hearts and no use.Have just checked that line for spelling mistakes in case you look for. Cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks J S and Des, make myself very unpopular when people wing about the interest rates going up, and tell them how lucky they are. Also tell them, I moved interstate, had to buy a house and set up a survey company in mid 80's, when we had Paul Keatings Banan Republic and recession we had to have, and interest rates on where in the low 20's. Just had to tighten belts and put in a few extra hours work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, if you buy those loaves do so one at a time, buy both at the same time and one may go mouldy before you get to eat it.

If push comes to shove we would sell up nad maybe consider a retirement village like JS did.
    Would give us a big pot to use.

But having worked for a while in the industry it would be as a last resort.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pick the right one John and your as safe as you will ever be. A non profit . one for starters . We had $200,00O to share last year among the residents , The house. itself or villa as called can sell back to the village at a fixed price depending on the years you have resided there. But best of all among the amenities, that’s right youve guessed it is the happy now extended to two hours. Cheers or as Des spells it cheirs .

Ps tell me your outgoings for a year for water rates , rates, house insurance, repairs and maintainance , phone bills, etc. etc. . If you have enough savings and a proper interest rate , I can soon tell you mine. Chiers spelt propa?
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th October 2022 at 06:13 AM.
    R575129

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jon S.
    My wife always asks about what the lads are winging about today, I kept my mouth shut about the spelling post as she went to a Suffragette Grammar school, and has through the years taught me to spell proper like, and lo and behold I was caught in a stuff up over a Welsh spelling, as she now has a walking stick like what my mother had I kept stum about it.
    Cheers Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#35 I’m just joking about it the same as Graham Des. Everyone makes errors in spelling especially. When in a hurry.
    Probably why shorthand was invented in the first place , so all the dots and commas could be put on at leisure later. The worse writers are your doctors
    Who just scribble and is almost unreadable to most, however hopefully they spell the drugs correctly for the pharmacist to read. In the second mates written exam years ago there was always an English paper which was usually an example of a business letter or something to write. The pass mark was only 50% required so you can imagine the knowledge of most would be 2. mates. Today there is not even that paper , probably to facilitate those who don’t even speak English as a primary language , and yet the primary language in the marine world is spoken English. Makes one wonder , especially if working in the safety world. Think the school kids are taught today to spell a word as it sounds , the ones I have met recently their spelling is atrocious. Spelling today is not considered important enough to be 100% . My daughter and daughter in law are both school teachers and that’s the impression I got years ago. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th October 2022 at 02:16 AM.
    R575129

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know there are some very good retirement villages across the nation.
    Finding a very good one though is not always easy.
    We have one close to us, not bad know few who have been in there.
    House insurance is part of the package and utility rates are very good.
    Not like the one my sister in law was in owned by Stocklands.
    What a rip off after she passed and the family had to sell.
    But a nephew had worked for them some years earlier and knew how to deal with them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John S.
    On the news last night, they said that kids of 16 doing their HSC can now book a university place before doing the test; if they fail they get cancelled out, shows how few are now passing for UNI that they are getting that desperate. If the quiz show we watch is anything to go by the teachers on it are as as bad as the pupils.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It gets harder to stay in ones own Home as you get older, that is a fact but although there are plenty of People who have sold and gone into various Retirement Villages etc, and i am sure very Happy, i myself will endeavour to remain in this House as long as it is Humanly possible.
    I cannot see myself in a Retirement Village as i ave and always will be a sort of loner, not unsociable by a long shot, but i do like to live where there are as few People as possible around me!

But who knows what happens in life, so must just take one step at a time!

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, after some 14 years being employed as a senior admin officer in a Uni I am well aware of some of the many problems the youth of today have.
    It has been estimated that as many as 30% are there because family think they should and will do well.
    Most of them would be better suited, and many want to, as tradies of some sort.

The system is far from perfect but for most Uni it is now a business where gaining as many students as possible means more gov funding.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4